Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 AM

Default A Good Fast-Paced Action-RPG.

Hi there friends. First of all, sorry for my english (im argentinian)... Now, im a huge fan of RPGs, im almost 30 years old, so ive played a lot since the origins of the genre (including master pieces like FF7-12, Diablo,Baldurs-Dragon Age, etc.) and i been loving games on the iphone like Chaos Rings, Eternal Legacy, CrimsonHearts,Zenonia,etc.(and ive tried a lot more) but now that ive played almost all of them (some ive finsh them others got bored :P) im looking for some FAST PACED one, most likely Crimsonhearts and Diablo3 (so you guys can get a hint of what im looking foward to) in terms of action-rpg. Ive played the recently Heroes Call, but its so slow paced that it bored me as soon as a played it, and its freemium (wtf) so, ill pass.. really. I dont like to play a monthly fee like in Order&Chaos or any other freemium games, i prefer a 1 payment only and then play (off or online, that does not matter).

Im anxious for Inf.Blade Dungeons, but i have iphone, and i think its coming for ipad if im not mistaken ...

Well, i hope that u guys understand my poor english LoL and can recommend me some good game, im open to suggestions.

thanx for your time guys! cya
Old 06-29-2012, 09:47 AM

example of games that i didnt liked: HYBRID, LEGEND OF MASTER, INMORTAL DUSK.

a good one that i really liked (but ive already played it a lot :P) : MAGE GAUNTLET.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:22 AM
iPad mini

If you are familiar with the classics, then you are probably already aware, but there is a port of The Secret of Mana on the AppStore. Also definitely give Mage Gauntlet a try (though it's RPG elements are thin and it's more of a pure action game dressed like an action RPG).
Old 06-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Pocket RPG is a bit different with twin stick style controls, but I find that to be one of the best action based RPGs (although pretty light on the RPG side of things).
Old 06-29-2012, 01:28 PM

First - infinity blade dungeons is to be released on iPhone / iPod, I believe. Although it may see release on iPad earlier.

Second - yes, secret of mana. I know some would say it's just nostalgia, this is as good as action RPGs get though. On ios or any other platforms. This and Zelda are two of the benchmark classics of the genre.

Third - if you like Diablo, I'd recommend Solomon's keep very strongly. It seems from your post that you get bored with constant grinding in games ( me too ). Solomon's keep, pocket rpg, and Mage gauntlet ate lite on grinding / excessive story elements.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Definitely try dungeon defenders if you like picking up loot!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:07 AM
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
First - infinity blade dungeons is to be released on iPhone / iPod, I believe. Although it may see release on iPad earlier.

Second - yes, secret of mana. I know some would say it's just nostalgia, this is as good as action RPGs get though. On ios or any other platforms. This and Zelda are two of the benchmark classics of the genre.

Third - if you like Diablo, I'd recommend Solomon's keep very strongly. It seems from your post that you get bored with constant grinding in games ( me too ). Solomon's keep, pocket rpg, and Mage gauntlet ate lite on grinding / excessive story elements.
I found Solomon's keep to be very grind heavy. And the lotto system regarding upgrades was a turn off 4 me.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

If you liked Crimsonheart, check out Aurum Blade, it's free btw: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=105738
Old 07-01-2012, 04:03 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Try...

Osiris legends
Across age dx
Draggons odessy?( from the people that made acros age and it's on sale,)
Robokill
Crimson steam pirates
Samurai 2: Vengace
Demon Hunter
Tinyledgends
Knights arena
LoD - ledgend of darkness
Starbase Orion
Tactical soldier
Battleheart
Bards tale
Nix Quest
Colosseum heroes
Knights rush
Macguffins curse
Perfect cell
Glow fish
Squids
Highborn
Sword of faragoal
Nihilumbra
Knights rts
Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 AM

Wow, thats a lots of game to try/buy LoL. I will check them out first.

RIght now im playing (again) Dungeon Hunter 2 (its really the closest thing to diablo?)...