App description: 5 stars game !!!! Amazing !!!
"I'm seriously addicted to this game ! Great design & story ! There are so many stages, monsters and spheres that it's keeping me busy for 10days already ! Highly recommended." by Nissa79

Great game, try it!
"This is a very well done, polished and addictive game with high production values. What are you waiting for? Get it!" by Rob_in_Sing

Outstandin gameplay!
"One of the good game that I had downloaded! If this game is chargable, I will still download it to play!:D Looking forward to see Whakan 2!:D Good wok and keep it up!" by Ey1600

* Story
In the Vegetal Sanctuary of Whakan, you have been selected by your God-Elemental Ancestor to become a Keeper of the Spheres. The world of Whakan is threatened by a dark plague and your Tribe is in danger! Gear up yourself, discover magical Spheres and start a new journey to your ultimate goal.

* Never-seen before gameplay
Whakan offers the perfect mix of Battle Card and Turn-Based animated Fights, skilfully sprinkled with a touch of RPG.

Send your hero into battle against evil monsters in epic fights which will put your strategy and your reflexes to the test.

Collect and manage your magical Spheres to create the ultimate fighting deck and defeat the giant bosses!

* Features:
- 200 unique magical Spheres to collect among 5 elements to cast animated spells in battle!
- An epic plot spanning 5 regions: Vegetal, Air, Mineral, Ice and a mysterious hidden continent!
- Incredible graphics and animations!
- Regular updates

* Updates in future:
- French language version
- New regions to explore, new monsters to fight and new Spheres to discover
- Multiplayer fighting
- Tribe epic wars

Do you have what it takes to be the most powerful Sphere Fighter of all time?

* Disclosures
In-App Purchases. Whakan is free to download and play, but contains optional in-app purchases that cost real money. To make these purchases, you'll need to enter your Apple ID and password.

****Tips from other players****
For those who want to beat the Ice monster in moon peaks, you need to finish the icelands first before (ice map). I'll suggest level 30 and more if you want a chance to get him !

*******IMPORTANT*******
The game is only compatible with devices running on ios 4.3 minimum.
The game was not designed for iPod touch 1st / 2nd generation and iPhone / iPad 1st generation, so due to low memory on these devices, regular crashes can occur.
Only Whakan version 1.1 works on iOS 6.

gibtang's comments:
Hi guys, an RPG game that I did for my client just got into the App store after 2 weeks of being in the review process. Do check it out.

That means me and my guys did the game programming while my client supplied the game design, artwork, audio etc that is not related to programming. Do check it out and did I mention that it is a FREE download?
07-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Nearly there.

Impressive graphics. Good concept. Though it needs a little work.

In the 10 minutes I played. In the tutorial where it says press sphere to learn about it, that does not work.

There needs to be a way to see what the spheres do in mid fight.

When buying from the shop, then need to see somewhere on he screen how many rd's you have.

This may just be me, or it may be because it was just the start of the game, but apart from throw up a shield when they increase damage, and do damaging moves when they have not got a shield up, I did not feel the strategy. If the game becomes harder, and some elements are stronger against others, so you have to customise spheres per fight, then great.

I liked the 2% chance to win a sphere after the fight, a very good reason to replay, and can understand the incentive to post on Facebook, but if you always get the sphere for free by posting on Facebook every time, then that is a little too much. Will not flood my Facebook page with 170 (or however many posts), five or so posts would be fine. As said before, I have not spent long in the game, this may be different after the first few fights.

Iap's seem to be done well, if people want to pay to make it quicker for them, then let them. As long as you can get the same results with a lot of work.

Verdict, as it is free to play, then worth having a look at, and if the strategy is there, then well worth keeping.

07-01-2012, 10:10 AM

Expect the usual Feedback in about one Hour.

Launch Trailer Source:

Last edited by Sanuku; 07-01-2012 at 03:17 PM.
07-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Cannot load on my iphone 4 ios 5.1.1!! Argh
07-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Question..

DO you have to be online to play this as most card games are on ios???
07-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Hi guys, Im the creative director of the game, i'll reply some of the comments and questions :
- No need to be online to play, only if you want to get some spheres by sharing (facebook, twitter)
- only the 4 first fights have the option "share to get", the rest of the game is % to get a sphere (between 10 and 80% chance)
- it works on my iphone 4 ios 5.1.1, i'll double check with the developpers, but it should be alright
- strategy comes with stronger enemies indeed. Defense spheres will be much more useful after the air region than at the start of the game.
- normally when you press on a sphere, there is a popup with the description, price (if buyable), effects, story text... and also the amount of money you have under the sphere. Otherwise you can still check your amount on the profile character page, the icon is on each map on the top right corner.
Thanks for noticing some bugs, we'll fix these asap.
Good game everybody
07-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Haven't dl'ed the game, but I love the graphics style. The battle animations look really smooth as well.

Unfortunately it looks like another freemium game. I hate freemium, coerced IAP's etc.. And I hate Facebook integration into games. So, I probably won't be playing this game, despite the nice looks.
07-01-2012, 02:48 PM
The art style looks strikingly similar to wakfu and dofus. Are you associated with either?
07-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Our senior animator used to work for Ankama games, so yes the style is a bit similar to Dofus and Wakfu, there are our favorite references in term of video games graphism.