Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-01-2012, 07:42 AM

Default Whakan: a card battle RPG by Forever Young Studio [Universal]

Hi guys, an RPG game that I did for my client just got into the App store after 2 weeks of being in the review process. Do check it out.

That means me and my guys did the game programming while my client supplied the game design, artwork, audio etc that is not related to programming. Do check it out and did I mention that it is a FREE download?

Last edited by squarezero; 07-01-2012 at 07:49 AM..
Old 07-01-2012, 08:30 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Default Nearly there.

Impressive graphics. Good concept. Though it needs a little work.

In the 10 minutes I played. In the tutorial where it says press sphere to learn about it, that does not work.

There needs to be a way to see what the spheres do in mid fight.

When buying from the shop, then need to see somewhere on he screen how many rd's you have.

This may just be me, or it may be because it was just the start of the game, but apart from throw up a shield when they increase damage, and do damaging moves when they have not got a shield up, I did not feel the strategy. If the game becomes harder, and some elements are stronger against others, so you have to customise spheres per fight, then great.

I liked the 2% chance to win a sphere after the fight, a very good reason to replay, and can understand the incentive to post on Facebook, but if you always get the sphere for free by posting on Facebook every time, then that is a little too much. Will not flood my Facebook page with 170 (or however many posts), five or so posts would be fine. As said before, I have not spent long in the game, this may be different after the first few fights.

Iap's seem to be done well, if people want to pay to make it quicker for them, then let them. As long as you can get the same results with a lot of work.

Verdict, as it is free to play, then worth having a look at, and if the strategy is there, then well worth keeping.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Expect the usual Feedback in about one Hour.

Launch Trailer Source:

Last edited by Sanuku; 07-01-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Old 07-01-2012, 11:21 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Cannot load on my iphone 4 ios 5.1.1!! Argh
Old 07-01-2012, 12:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Question..

DO you have to be online to play this as most card games are on ios???
Old 07-01-2012, 01:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hi guys, Im the creative director of the game, i'll reply some of the comments and questions :
- No need to be online to play, only if you want to get some spheres by sharing (facebook, twitter)
- only the 4 first fights have the option "share to get", the rest of the game is % to get a sphere (between 10 and 80% chance)
- it works on my iphone 4 ios 5.1.1, i'll double check with the developpers, but it should be alright
- strategy comes with stronger enemies indeed. Defense spheres will be much more useful after the air region than at the start of the game.
- normally when you press on a sphere, there is a popup with the description, price (if buyable), effects, story text... and also the amount of money you have under the sphere. Otherwise you can still check your amount on the profile character page, the icon is on each map on the top right corner.
Thanks for noticing some bugs, we'll fix these asap.
Good game everybody