Looking for a site like TouchArcade but for Android?

07-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Looking for a site like TouchArcade but for Android?

Long time frequent surfer of TouchArcade but never a poster. Had to create a new account today because the caption thing just kept spitting out things I couldnt make out the letters/words.

I love the dedication of this website to the IOS system. I recently picked up a Nexus 7 tablet.

I wanted to ask in here if anyone knows of a site/community for the Android platform that would be equal to this website for the IOS platform?

Posted in this forum because out of all of the ones I saw, this one seemed to make the most sense "General."

Thank you,
Whiteice
07-29-2012, 07:05 PM
DroidGamers.com or Phandroid. DroidForums.net is a great forum but
Not so much for gaming.

07-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varking View Post
DroidGamers.com or Phandroid. DroidForums.net is a great forum but
Not so much for gaming.
Thank you for the suggestions,
Whiteice
07-29-2012, 07:37 PM
I use to write for DroidGamers before I got an iPhone

Phandroid has the most active forums.
07-29-2012, 08:49 PM
PocketGamer has an Android section.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/latest.asp?sec=11

Proud Member of the Beta Tester's Alliance!

iOS Games that I have Tested
07-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteicedmstech View Post
Long time frequent surfer of TouchArcade but never a poster. Had to create a new account today because the caption thing just kept spitting out things I couldnt make out the letters/words.

I love the dedication of this website to the IOS system. I recently picked up a Nexus 7 tablet.

I wanted to ask in here if anyone knows of a site/community for the Android platform that would be equal to this website for the IOS platform?

Posted in this forum because out of all of the ones I saw, this one seemed to make the most sense "General."

Thank you,
Whiteice
Click
12-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for this post. I made the switch to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and am missing a great site like TouchArcade. Perhaps if TA would make an android version, that would be best!
12-01-2012, 11:28 PM
It was mentioned awhile back of creating a spot for the Android platform on TA. Not sure if that's still on the table to making it a reality.
What's the word on that Eli?

And I was going to mention Android Central for a good site but I see someone's posted a link already. It has a wide variety of info catered to how to personalize your N7 among things. Also check out ShopAndroid for some nice accessories to go with it. I just picked up the Seidio Active case and its perfect for my needs.

Anyway, I've still got a tight grip on my Touch as well.
01-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
It was mentioned awhile back of creating a spot for the Android platform on TA. Not sure if that's still on the table to making it a reality.
What's the word on that Eli?

And I was going to mention Android Central for a good site but I see someone's posted a link already. It has a wide variety of info catered to how to personalize your N7 among things. Also check out ShopAndroid for some nice accessories to go with it. I just picked up the Seidio Active case and its perfect for my needs.

Anyway, I've still got a tight grip on my Touch as well.
I don't see how a android section would work, their would be a constant war between fanboys for each platform.
12-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Send a message via AIM to Pman
Androidforum.com is probably one of the best. I used to go over there when I had my tablet.