Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 PM

Default Castle Raid (Universal) - Same device multiplayer game! (by Arcticmill)

Today we released our new game Castle Raid! In this game you fight enemies or friends in intense battles, set in the medieval ages of knights, archers and magic! The game features a multiplayer mode that allows you to play against friends on the same device! If you don't have any friends around you can always try to beat one of the built in enemies.

Good luck!
/The Castle Raid team

Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Looks cool. I'll have to give it a try.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Looks pretty cool, I've wish listed it until I see what's coming out tomorow night.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I like how this title looks a lot. I'd love to see some impressions first, though. Especially from an iPhone.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:11 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstephens View Post
Looks cool. I'll have to give it a try.
Its pretty fun. It's like a cross between Legendary Wars, Miragine Wars and Kingdom Rush. You send "peasants" out to collect resources (trees) for gold so you can buy soldiers. You select where on the map you want to position your soldiers but once you release them they roam searching for enemy's on their own. They'll drift up or down to the nearest enemy. The key seems to be keeping your "peasants" alive while they collect wood so you can keep soldiers coming on the battlefield. Plus if you make 3 of the same kind of soldier at a time the 3rd unit will be stronger than normal. But it is fairly hard to win. You can only have 3 "peasants" on the field at a time. I started losing by the 3rd round regularly. Others might not have as hard of time as me tho. If you begin to lose the battle in the least it's almost impossible to come back. You have 2 "towers" that help you. 1 close range "wizard" you can only use when the enemy is on your doorstep. And 1 long range missle. But it takes sooooo long for the towers to be ready for the next shot you basically get 1 shot at the enemy with them when the going gets tough. And the missle isnt that powerful.

I think this game has ALOT of upside though. I think right now its worth a shot. Maybe with a few tweaks it'll be a game you can't put down IMO. Maybe allow upgrades to towers and soldiers. Maybe allow 1 "watch tower" to be built by the player anywhere on their side of the field, for alot of $, so you just can't build it and dominate. And definately speed up the tower fire speed and power.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 AM

@twstephens:
A very nice summary of the game! Thank you!

We are already discussing future improvements, new features and so on, so we love to hear feedback like this and are already taking in your notes! Top priority for us right now (besides marketing) is to figure out what direction we should expand the game (units, levels, upgrades etc) and apply any balance needed to provide an ever more solid experience.

A small "pro" tip when playing is to never stop building peasants. It's really important to keep your economy going, especially against the harder enemies. We've highlighted the importance of this in our upcoming update to make it easier for new players to be successful. It can often be a good idea to send a "body guard" along with your peasants to protect them. The enemy will generally go for the body guard before trying to take out the peasant. The towers have different cooldowns, the cannon tower is on a pretty short cooldown and should be used at all times. We are however continuously evaluating how strong these towers should be, how long/short cooldown etc, we really need your feedback so we can make tweaks and improvements. We are listening!

There are a lot of other strategies you also can use, but we want you to find out for yourselves Also don't forget to play against friends in the same device multiplayer mode, it really takes the game to another level!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Old 09-19-2012, 11:48 AM

I completed the campaign on the hardest setting yesterday, and it really is a blast. And even more fun when playing against your friends!

As for the towers I think the cool down is good, the whole battle usually hangs on who is most skilled with the rocket tower, that turns the battle completely, so maybe a tweak in how powerful it is would be appropriate?

When it comes to improvements and future content I sent you an email with some details and pros with some specific ideas.

Some added levels with envoiremental effect such as ice, quicksand and such could be a fun addition.

To anyone still hesitating on this game, get it, play one game against a friend and you won't regret the purchase