Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-19-2012, 11:30 PM

Default Pacific Fleet - Naval Action/Simulation

Pacific Fleet version 2.0 update has been in development for the last year and is now available on iTunes.

Developer's Page

Last edited by Pacific Fleet; 09-24-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Old 09-20-2012, 01:06 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default It's not bad

This is a game that has huge potential just like "Apache 3D sim". It's just too simplified. There are some hints of "Great Little War Game" but lacks any sophistication and depth that GLWG offers. Only played 5 levels so far but it's not getting any better.

Room for improvement:
1. Allow more strategic moves or take them out all together. The number is low which simulates hit and run battles. Boring concept.
2. Allow for multiple ships to be in combat (create a fleet). Not one against three. Take hints from GLWG about turn-based war sims.
3. Fight to the death with the potential of losing an entire purchased fleet.
4. More random sound effects. It's rather quiet for war.

I was really expecting this to be much more. This may be a one man project, but the execution is a little poor. I would like to recommend this to others because it does have a great theme and turn based battles are perfect for naval warfare. I'll play it through until the end, but the developer really should improve this..... a lot.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:21 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with weehoo, on this. From what I have played so far I'm absolutely loving it. Great mix of turn based moves and real time combat. My only complaint is the camera. It's a little too touchy for my taste. Definitely the best $1 app I've ever bought, but I am a sucker for these type of games.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:46 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with weehoo, on this. From what I have played so far I'm absolutely loving it. Great mix of turn based moves and real time combat. My only complaint is the camera. It's a little too touchy for my taste. Definitely the best $1 app I've ever bought, but I am a sucker for these type of games.
No worries. I'm enjoying it as well, to some degree. Like I was saying before, it just leaves the player wanting. Apache 3D sim was the same having a great idea, great controls and concept, but lacking in so many areas it felt like a demo. The restrictions on moves is a bummer as well. Should be to the death, last ship standing.

I really wish they would make the "Silent Hunter" pc-sim or hurry up with "Wolves of the Atlantic" for iOS.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by weehoo View Post
No worries. I'm enjoying it as well, to some degree. Like I was saying before, it just leaves the player wanting. Apache 3D sim was the same having a great idea, great controls and concept, but lacking in so many areas it felt like a demo. The restrictions on moves is a bummer as well. Should be to the death, last ship standing.

I really wish they would make the "Silent Hunter" pc-sim or hurry up with "Wolves of the Atlantic" for iOS.
I understand your points and also wish a more realistic naval SIM was made. Unfortunately there are so few people who would appreciate that type of game I doubt it would ever happen.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:35 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

very good game guys, i'm enjoying it so much!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
My only complaint is the camera. It's a little too touchy for my taste.
Very true, especially on the larger screens. Camera sensitivity has been reduced in v1.01 and we'll eventually add a slider to manually adjust it.

v1.01 has just been submitted for approval.

v1.01
- fixed crash on load for some iPad 1st gen and 3GS users.
- fixed minor UI display bug on iPad
- decreased camera pan sensitivity (adjustable slider will be added in a future update)
Old 09-20-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
This is a game that has huge potential just like "Apache 3D sim". It's just too simplified.
Great feedback weehoo, appreciate your thoughts.
Many of the points you have brought up certainly fall within the overall scope of the project and it has been deliberately built to be able to encompass them... at some point.

By far the greatest issue as an independent developer is resources and the game has already been in development for just over 2 years. For the project to see the light of day and not fade into vapourware, we had to draw a line in the sand and call that the first iteration of the game/series.

Quote:
Like I was saying before, it just leaves the player wanting.
Me too. We're wanting to add so many more features
Not to mention $0.99 for a 3D naval warfare game is a pretty good deal.

Also in getting the game out, we've attracted the attention of some very talented folks. We're in the process of a complete graphics overhaul as well as optimising the game to get more ships into the battles. There are many updates planned and even the potential for stand alone spin-off titles and sequels. So here's hoping Pacific Fleet does well