Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-04-2012, 11:49 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default LOOPical by Kris Pixton (PathPix dev) $0.99

Kris Pixton is a developer that makes some of my most beloved puzzles. This just came out a few days ago, and I just saw it today. I'm sure that many other Pixton fans will buy it just like I did, without even knowing what it's about - the puzzles are always just that good. Enjoy!!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

!!!!!!! instabuy since it's by the author of Pathpix. those games are genius.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I love all of your games and this looks like an interesting mix of masyu and yajilin so I'm definitely picking it up. My only complaint is that none of your games have gamecenter achievements, is there any chance of implementing that in the future? I think it would add a lot of incentive for us trophy seekers and completionists out there

Last edited by .THOTH.; 10-05-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Old 10-05-2012, 10:13 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Another genius puzzle game by Kris Pixton. As is typical, starts pretty easy, but has a nice ramp up, then starts getting challenging. If you like / love PathPix puzzlers, you will want to add this one to your collection. It's universal as well, so that makes it nice.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Another genius puzzle game by Kris Pixton. As is typical, starts pretty easy, but has a nice ramp up, then starts getting challenging. If you like / love PathPix puzzlers, you will want to add this one to your collection. It's universal as well, so that makes it nice.
Pluto, can you explain what the deal is with the colored symbols? I'm not getting it from the app description. I'm wondering if directional arrows or something other than color would have made more sense.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Pluto, can you explain what the deal is with the colored symbols? I'm not getting it from the app description. I'm wondering if directional arrows or something other than color would have made more sense.
I have not got that far. Basically you have to connect loops, and there are blocks, or arrows that you have to follow. I think those + symbols are paths that you have to follow to allow various colored loops to be able to cross one another. All empty squares must be filled with your loop, but there are paths that one must follow in the form of either blocks you can't move through, or arrows or other blocks that you hacve to move through in a specified manner.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default LOOPical clues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
LOOPical uses 4 different types of "clues". These clues restrict where the path can go, like road signs. The game has a short explanation of each clue type when you first encounter it.

The yellow "GO THIS WAY" clues are introduced first. They have directional paths drawn on them that show which way the path must go through the clue square.

The red "GO STRAIGHT" clues come next. They aren't just red blocks - they have paths drawn on them to help you remember what they mean. The path must go straight through each red clue square, either horizontally or vertically, not both. The path in LOOPical does not cross itself.

Next, the blue "MUST TURN" clues are introduced. The path must turn as it goes through each blue clue square.

Finally, you will meet the green TRIO clues. The path must go STRAIGHT - STRAIGHT - STRAIGHT or TURN - TURN - TURN, with the green trio clue in the middle of the sequence.

The path is a single loop that goes through all free squares. Solve the puzzle little by little until it all comes together. The puzzles are graduated in difficulty, from absurdly easy to very intricate.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default gamecenter in LOOPical

Quote:
Originally Posted by .THOTH. View Post
I love all of your games and this looks like an interesting mix of masyu and yajilin so I'm definitely picking it up. My only complaint is that none of your games have gamecenter achievements, is there any chance of implementing that in the future? I think it would add a lot of incentive for us trophy seekers and completionists out there
I'll think about it. So far I've avoided implementing gamecenter in PathPix, which I see as more of a personal quest than a competition - will have to wait and see how people feel about LOOPical to judge whether it might be appropriate.

I can see some similarity between LOOPical and masyu - which is interesting, since I had never heard of masyu when I wrote LOOPical (for PC) back in 2007. I'd never heard of yajilin until I read your comment just now, but I just looked it up and I'm not actually seeing any similarity (outside of the fact that the solution is a loop).
Old 10-09-2012, 05:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Thanks for considering it, I just like having an achievement or 'trophy' to show that I've solved everything. It's not necessary but it would be a great bonus and (not like you need it) it is a big selling point for a lot of ios gamers.

The similiarity to yajilin, at least for me, is the occasional use of heuristics to solve the harder puzzles. I've been using some of the same techniques on the pro levels that I've used with the yajilin. If you're not familiar with Nikoli's puzzles I strongly recommend checking them out, if you could bring anything like heyawake or shakashaka to the app store I would be eternally grateful! Aside from that, LOOPical is fantastic and I hope to see more pro levels soon, I'm on the last chapter and I'm craving more!!

btw I had no idea you had other games for pc, slitherquest looks pretty interesting, I'll definitely be checking that out