★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iCade 8-Bitty

10-09-2012, 10:37 AM
iCade 8-Bitty

The "iCade 8-Bitty" seems to be available (again?) on ThinkGeek for $30 (no, i'm not associated, and have nothing to gain).

I'm assuming this controller has the same compatibility as the full iCade cabinet. Seems great-- cheaper, and more portable.

Anyone have/tried one?
10-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has tried this, besides at conferences and reviewers.

I enjoy my iCade, but it's huge, clunky and loud (joystick movement and buttons). I went ahead and ordered one of these. I hope it's good. Price and size are good... I am excited.

10-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfsu View Post
I enjoy my iCade, but it's huge, clunky and loud (joystick movement and buttons). I went ahead and ordered one of these. I hope it's good. Price and size are good... I am excited.
Agree on all accounts. Ordered and looking forward to trying it out...
10-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Just ordered one as well, chose the cheap slow postage to England so it'll take a while (Otherwise was another 25 dollars).

Looks great, looking forward to using it on MAME/Spectrum emulator mostly.

Nice cheap device, hopefully should work well
10-09-2012, 01:59 PM
I got the same email saying they're back in stock but I'm not sure if there was a first run. I've tried to look for any review or mention from a real user and it's impossible.

@psj3809 I'm also ordering one to the UK, lets see how long this takes
10-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Just ordered to the UK too. Looking forward to playing iMame, Minter, Mikey Shorts and Commander Pixman with it.
10-09-2012, 07:54 PM
iFBA is going to get better!

Just ordered as well. I already have 2 iCades...1 at work and 1 at home. I cant wait to use this for Street FIghter X Tekken vie Blutrol (best 6$ ever spent!). Along with the 50$ to buy new microleaf controllers to get rid of the horrible clickyness, on both, of the originals.

I just want to know how this will mess us synking with my iCades?

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Button layout

Just got my 8-bitty and fired it up. The button layout is all crazy compared to the icade cabinet. I figured out the layout differences, which is EXTREMELY useful when using BluTrol.

That actually took me a minute to figure out, but I figured I'd share it here with all of you wonderful people. Have fun! The 8-bitty is a very nice little controller, and is WAY better than using a wiimote with BluTrol.