Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:28 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Roller Coaster Tycoon (By Atari)

"The famous roller coaster sim is finally coming to iOS. Much like the PC version of the game, you play as a theme park designer who aims to bring joy to the world with your wicked roller coaster designs. The more barf-inducing, the better. Finally! A chance to make a mobile version of Mr Bones’ Wild Ride! Roller Coaster Tycoon hits iOS and Android in Q1 2013."
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/ata...ycoon-and-more
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

This is just too good news.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

It's only good news if it plays like Roller coaster the PC version - or if it does a 'Theme Park for ios'
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy View Post
It's only good news if it plays like Roller coaster the PC version - or if it does a 'Theme Park for ios'
yeah..
Old 10-24-2012, 10:25 AM

Hope it supports iPhone 5 screen, and no Delay...

And Where is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D for 3DS? Is out in US but not in Singapore yet.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:49 PM

I only wish that this would be based on the original RCT1+2 games, and not the newer ones.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy View Post
True. Sim City (ios) was so bare-boned compared to the pc version. I was really hoping for RCT3, but that's probably not possible because even my Macbook Pro (running bootcamp) has trouble playing that game on full graphics.

For designing roller coasters, AIRCOASTER (ios) feels very similar to NO-LIMITS ROLLER COASTER SIMULATION for PC. Check it out if you haven't.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I actually have been thinking of what they could do if they ported Roller Coaster Tycoon to iOS recently

First of all, the touch controls could be useful for making roller coasters, we could have it so you could drag your finger along the screen to make the track. If they do it like RCT3, then maybe we could use the Gyroscope, so we could tilt the device to make the track..we could also use the gyroscope to look along the ride if we are riding it

Secondly, since iDevice games nowadays are starting to become more online-based, how about a online-hub, where we could share roller coasters, theme parks and different scenarios...it also might be nice if we could run parks together with other people, unless that would end up being too difficult

Finally, we should get a whole lot of content. If Atari are making this game like the original RCT's, then maybe they could include content from both of those games..we could add features from RCT3 and it's expansion pack, this could be like a complete collection of the Roller Coaster Tycoons...and it would also be awesome to get updates with content based on other games, theme parks, tv shows, pretty much anywhere..and we could use our own music and pictures to make parks more unique

I know that the people at Atari probably won't read this, it's just nice to share my ideas with other

..and can we also make it so N-Space doesn't ruin this oppurtunity?
Old 10-25-2012, 02:04 AM

Wow! This is the news I've been waiting for since I started playing iOS games!!!

Rollercoaster Tycoon is my number #1 game of all time! I was always hoping that Atari, Chris Sawyer or Frontier would port this awesome game over to iOS....it's perfect for this platform and will look spectacular on retina screens. My iPhone 5 is bouncing about with excitement!

I followed the franchise right from the 90's with RCT1 through to RCT2 & RCT3 and bought every expansion pack. I still play them every so often now and was part of the online community building and sharing parks for years.

I take it that you all are also watching and waiting for Frontier's 'Coaster Crazy' to be released before the end of the year? They developed and released RCT3. Check out the articles on Touch Arcade it looks great.... BUT they cannot touch the brilliance of the original RCT for gameplay, customisation and creativity. I really hope the controls port over okay, they should do as they weren't a complicated system - just lots of tabs, clicking to select, rotating and placing. The opportunity for downloadable expansion packs is immense and I would pay for IAPs in-game if the content was exclusive and worth it.

If this port is done right ALL of the RCT community will come back onto the scene to support it!

Please Atari do this right and make us proud...

See you at the Park Gates peeps!!!

Last edited by RickyBrooke; 10-25-2012 at 02:15 AM..

Closed Thread