Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-24-2012, 10:34 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default infinite (+ FREE infinite: prime) (Nexus Game Studio) [Universal]

Update 11/03/12: infinite 1.15 is available now and solves all reported issues with the game.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by NexusSteve; 11-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: fixing link
Old 10-24-2012, 01:06 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This looks amazing! Any impressions?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0spective View Post
This looks amazing! Any impressions?
it does look pretty interesting... if no one else TOFTT before tonight, I'll probably pick it up... but won't be able to post impressions until tomorrow. =o/
Old 10-24-2012, 02:59 PM

I had been keeping my eye out for this one in lieu of the perpetually 'coming soon'-ness of Steph Thirion's Faraway, this seemed like a suitable alternative for the moment. Initial impressions are decent, although, not quite what I expected.

Having only played a few levels so far, the mechanic at play seems to be: touch anywhere to extend a satellite (basically a pivoting arm) out from the central planet, collecting in-coming debris in an attempt to create more planets. To be avoided are the various damaging in-coming pieces, conversely there are various power-ups to be gained. Boiled down, it seems to be mostly collection and avoidance at work here. I'm hoping for a little more depth, but as I said, I haven't gotten all that far yet, I could see a problem with it holding my attention in the long-term. Somehow I get the feeling this would've been great on the iOS scene circa 2009/2010... Now, it just seems gimmicky. Still, just initial impressions here.

The 'good news' is that the art and design of it all is quite nice, and very well done. The planetary environments themselves are lovely. Sumptuous colors and pleasing, radiating geometric patterns of the backgrounds flesh out an otherwise fairly modern and pared-down approach of the in-coming 'bits' (pun intended?). Probably not up to the design acumen of Thirion's work, but a worthy effort nonetheless.

Last edited by aeranth; 10-24-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 03:14 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Hey aeranth,

First off, thank you kindly for purchasing the game. I appreciate you taking the time to give everyone your initial feedback. Ultimately the games core structure is about build and avoid while keeping things with a minimalistic approach. This may appeal to some and not to others, all in everyone's opinion of course. We wanted to take a different approach to the gameplay, something a bit different than the norm, it's very experimental.

I hope you find enjoyment from the game and that you feel it is worth its value
Old 10-24-2012, 05:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Greetings,

My itchy trigger finger could not resist tapping the buy button. My impressions are that this is a nicely implemented and aesthetically pleasing minimalist obstacle avoidance and collection game. Your orb travels clockwise in a gravitational orbit around a star. The one button mechanic causes your orb to drift away from the planet while gravity pulls it back in. The object of the game is to collect poweups and debris to change your orb into a planet while avoiding dangerous objects. Because you are moving in a circle the gameplay can be very tricky, and minimal use of color sometimes makes it difficult to keep track of your orb and differentiate between maleficent and beneficent objects when things get busy.

It is an excellent game if you appreciate minimalism as a design choice like I do.

A few suggestions would be adding a sense of progression. It would be nice, for example, to have the option of starting from a later stage rather than from square 1 each time. Also, there were no instructions given for unlocking additional themes and modes. Finally, survival mode causes a Director Class Error and freezes the game. I tried re-installing to no avail.

If you are a fan of Super Hexagon, you are likely to enjoy this also.

Last edited by retr0spective; 10-24-2012 at 06:03 PM..
Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

This is quite simply outstanding in every respect imaginable. Much thanks to the dev; this is exactly the kind of release that reminds me why I have an iDevice. Why I come back to the app store each day to sift through more piles of witless junk and garish mediocrity.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

There was a post release iOS 6 crash issue that occurred regarding Game Center and the save files. We are aware of the issues and a patch (version 1.1) is already approved and making it's way on the app store as we speak. Version 1.1 solves all the crashing issues.

iOS 6 has been causing many landscape apps lots of issues regarding Game Center, sometimes you have to log into GC using the app first before playing games, or else is crashes apps sometimes.

We sincerely apologize to those who have been having issues. Once the update has reached your iDevice, we recommend downloading the app fresh instead of the normal update to avoid any conflicts.

@retrospective: it's an auto-save system, its transparent to the player, but we save your progress, stats, options, etc. Thank you for the great constructive criticism, we're looking at everyone's feedback

Last edited by NexusSteve; 10-24-2012 at 09:32 PM..
Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Just bought this based on Gabrien's recommendation. I have to run now, but I just had to come here and say "WOW!!!" Impressions in a few hours, but nah...man, guys...GET THIS!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:39 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Just played briefly. Fantastic. Simple (in a good way) and very atmospheric. Beautiful even.

Just had a crash the second time I went to play though. DIRECTOR CLASS: ERROR. My phone's on iOS6 so i may have to stick it on my iPad for timebeing. It was very good while it lasted though.