★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Are you more looking for games than playing games?

View Poll Results: See thread title!
Yes. (sigh) 26 78.79%
No. I prefer playing instead of looking all day for new stuff. Really. 2 6.06%
Yes... hmm.. but why? 5 15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll
10-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Are you more looking for games than playing games?

Confess!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
10-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Confess!
Playing I'm playing chutlu saves the world and penny arcade episode 3 and few indies

10-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I picked yes even though I haven't been buying IOS games for a while simply because when I was I basically collected hundreds of them and was even picking up things I never ran once

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
10-27-2012, 01:59 PM
My state changes. Sometimes, I am buying games but don't play them - but just until I reached a certain amount of new games, then I start playing them.
Until my buying spree returns.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
10-27-2012, 02:00 PM
I chose yes because I search the app store everyday in the Game Center section and I'm on TA all the time to read all the impressions of new games and updates.

I've beaten most of the games I intended to, some games I never wanted to beat but rather get my achievements and dip out instead of waiting around for the long achievements ie: kill 10 zombies, kill 100 zombies, kill 1000 zombies, kill 10000 zombies kill 100000 zombies... I'd stop at the 100 or 1k instead of finishing them all off cuz I get bored pretty quick.

GCID: Allanon!
Fav's: Clash of Clans, DragonVale, Bastion, Score!, The Walking Dead, Puzzle RPGs
Beta Tested: Flashout 3D
Attention Dev's: Game Center Achievements are very necessary!
10-27-2012, 02:02 PM
I spend lots of time looking at iOS games, even the ones that don't interest me. These days, the games have a habit of finding me, rather than me finding them, if you catch my drift.

Although I must admit, I am now a bit of a cheapskate about iOS games. I used to buy tons of games, but now I rarely buy iOS games because the ones that go free are enough to hold my interest for more time than I have to play them.

Hakuna Matata
10-27-2012, 02:13 PM
At least we can blame it on our genes - we are hunters and collectors.
Some guy at Apple knows this and milks us like cows. Damn.
Well, I'd like to explain further but I need to check Appshopper now.

Last edited by Vovin; 10-27-2012 at 02:24 PM.
10-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Well, I'd like to explain further but I need to check Appshopper now.
^this

GCID: Allanon!
Fav's: Clash of Clans, DragonVale, Bastion, Score!, The Walking Dead, Puzzle RPGs
Beta Tested: Flashout 3D
Attention Dev's: Game Center Achievements are very necessary!
10-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Since I got into the iOS culture, without a doubt, yes. Applies to console games now as well though.

Twitter: @back2this
10-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Change your payment info more then five times in under 1 month and iTunes will lock you out completely from buying or updating anything for 30 days. Not even Apple support can help you unlock it. I discovered this since I use virtual Visa cards and managed to change it one time too many. Just a tip if you really havin problems getting trough your withdrawl symptoms.

Stock up on can and freezer food. Lots of happy pills. First week the hardest, I would have dove into a shitter Train Spotting style if someone trew a working magical willy wonky iTunes gift card in it. After that it gets easier and easier for every day that passes. Until you're allowed to input new payment info again. Then it all comes back. The hoarding. The madness. The...ninjas and the zombies...aaannd I'm of to sleep!

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG