Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Wrestle Jump by Otto-Ville Ojala (Universal)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well this is.......interesting.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Well this is.......interesting.
Think of it as a re-imagining of Flight of the Sumo Hoppers. Pretty cool if you ask me.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Game is awesome, I love it. I would just suggest you look adding content, more wrestlers would be awesome and maybe a deep one player mode as well.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

While incredibly simple and "shallow" on the outside, there's an incredibly solid gameplay mechanic that provides a much deeper experience than you'd think. Trying to figure out the physics while working with the environment (slopes, corners, etc) in each of the levels (randomized arenas, if you will) is just plain fun and the whole game is quite obviously put together with a lot of love. If you're looking for a game to sink hours and hours into, look elsewhere, but what you have here is an incredibly solid, simple, 1 minute-lasting $1 multiplayer game with no "32 flavors of bullshit" (as Gabrien says) that works perfectly fine as it is, but if the developer is willing to expand...this could really go places. I'm thinking a very basic one on one multiplayer mode over Game Center with a Win-Loss record is all this needs right now.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
While incredibly simple and "shallow" on the outside, there's an incredibly solid gameplay mechanic that provides a much deeper experience than you'd think. Trying to figure out the physics while working with the environment (slopes, corners, etc) in each of the levels (randomized arenas, if you will) is just plain fun and the whole game is quite obviously put together with a lot of love. If you're looking for a game to sink hours and hours into, look elsewhere, but what you have here is an incredibly solid, simple, 1 minute-lasting $1 multiplayer game with no "32 flavors of bullshit" (as Gabrien says) that works perfectly fine as it is, but if the developer is willing to expand...this could really go places. I'm thinking a very basic one on one multiplayer mode over Game Center with a Win-Loss record is all this needs right now.
I must concur with all of the above. I'll also add that the game is a lot more fun to play than to watch, and probably only really shines in multiplayer.

Won't let you download on devices "without gyroscope," oddly, and crashes on the iTouch 4. (But what doesn't?)

Also, the guy you quoted up there, really knows his stuff.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Think of it as a re-imagining of Flight of the Sumo Hoppers. Pretty cool if you ask me.
Wow, never imagined my old Sumo Hoppers footage on Youtube would actually be of any use.
It is actually one of my favorite games ever, though a bit difficult to get up running these days (DOSBox would probably work if you're into that) - you should all give it a try; this is how a true versus fighting game should look like. Brilliant physics and freedom of control (well, leg-control that is). If you play Wrestle Jump, imagine having possibility to have full control (stretching, angle, etc.) over your legs instead of just "kick or not" (what do you call it?) as is the case there. Each player uses 8 keys on the keyboard, which makes two player games a beautifully cramped experience.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

So does this work on iPod 4g or not? I want to buy it but not if its not working. Reminds me of that other iOS game fight drunk 3d
Old 11-07-2012, 03:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Hey thanks a lot for putting up this thread! I'm the creator of Wresle Jump and will gladly answer any questions you have! Thanks for the feedback so far!

The game currently supports iPad 2 or newer or iPhone 4 or newer. The whole list of supported devices is on Wrestle Jump's App Store page (on the left column).

Wrestle Jump is indeed inspired by The Fight of the Sumo-Hoppers and hopefully will bring back good memories from those times for the fans of Sumo-Hoppers

More levels will be added in the next versions of Wrestle Jump and I'd gladly hear other imporvement ideas as well!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

LOL... me and my girlfriend are lovin this. The one button mechanic in a 2 player game is genius, and the reimagining here from Sumo Hoppers is brilliant. Thanks!