Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-08-2012, 12:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default March On Oz - iPad game from City State Entertainment

After a very big year, we're thrilled that March on Oz is finally out for everyone with an iPad to play! We have been anticipating this day for a while, and we are very excited to finally let players get their hands on it!

Official Release Trailer:

Follow Us:
March On Oz Website
Youtube Channel
Facebook
Twitter

Last edited by CSE_Dave; 11-13-2012 at 05:29 PM..
Old 11-08-2012, 01:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

For the release of March on Oz we are doing a 75% off sale! Grab it for $0.99 and get going on your journey through the lands of Oz!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I have been looking forward to this. I am only a few minutes into the introductory part of the game, but it is quite obvious a ton of love and sweat has been poured into it. The 3D graphics look really nice, although I wonder how well it will run on older iPads. I will post more impressions here later.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Thanks for the comments, we've got some super talented artists

The iPad3 should be the worst performance out of any of the iPads. We don't support iPad1, and in relation to the iPad3, the iPad2 has 1/4 the pixels to draw and the iPad4 has 2x the power.

EDIT: To clarify some confusion that this post caused, I'm not suggesting in any way that the game performs poorly on the iPad3. All of the iPads, with the exception of iPad1, run the game superbly. However for the purpose of 3D gaming, I was merely suggesting that the iPad2 and iPad4 would likely run the game better than the iPad3, which runs the game perfectly.
We've got some internal testing levels that are designed to push the iPad to it's limits, and with the right scene, the iPad2 can run better than the iPad3 because it has far fewer pixels to render.

Last edited by CSE_Tim; 11-12-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

We have extended our sale for an extra day! The promotional price of $0.99 will end tonight, the 9th.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:36 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Trailer looks nice but it doesn't show any of the actual game play...
Old 11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

The game play is a bit like tower defense. There are resources and various types of troops which you place. I am just now getting to the meat of the game. The game starts with a detailed tutorial and has plenty of hand holding. It also includes a nice interactive guide you can access anytime which describes the various troops, enemies, and formations and allows viewing all the character animations.

While it is way too early for me to tell whether the game play will grab me, it is well worth a buck just for the tremendous production values. Not only is the graphics great, but the music is outstanding too. This game should get more attention here from anyone who owns an iPad model.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM

Default Loving this game.

I really hope they continue to support this title, it's awesome fun. I missed the sale, but I bought it anyway. Really can't help but support Dev's that don't riddle their games with IAP. A tip jar would be welcome and if a player likes the title enough tossing a few bucks toward the Dev's is up to them. But mandatory IAP, which this game is free of completely, is a real turn off.

So thank you, game creators, for releasing an awesome game! (Without IAP)
Old 12-07-2012, 04:10 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedd2011 View Post
I really hope they continue to support this title, it's awesome fun. I missed the sale, but I bought it anyway. Really can't help but support Dev's that don't riddle their games with IAP. A tip jar would be welcome and if a player likes the title enough tossing a few bucks toward the Dev's is up to them. But mandatory IAP, which this game is free of completely, is a real turn off.

So thank you, game creators, for releasing an awesome game! (Without IAP)
I was looking at this, liking what I saw and I can't express enough joy at a developer who hasn't implemented IAP within their title... No game with IAP holds my attention for any length of time, I want to buy a game and enjoy it and progress without consider if I want to spend more to proceed.

Downloading now... And like Zedd2011 said "thank you" and I hope it proves to be very successful for you
Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabs View Post
Is it safe to assume a better level selection feature will also be available with update 1.1?
Yes, along with a lot of other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0tent1al View Post
I was looking at this, liking what I saw and I can't express enough joy at a developer who hasn't implemented IAP within their title... No game with IAP holds my attention for any length of time, I want to buy a game and enjoy it and progress without consider if I want to spend more to proceed.

Downloading now... And like Zedd2011 said "thank you" and I hope it proves to be very successful for you
You're welcome! And we feel the same way when it comes to offering a paid game without iAP. I'd rather offer a free+ version and a fully paid (no iAP) version simultaneously so that people don't have to worry about the game being a "quarter sucker" (to use the old arcade game parlance) and/or the developer constantly reminding the player why he *must* buy iAP. That way the people who are willing to buy the full version upfront can get the full version without worrying about when the next "Upgrade/Buy" moment is going to hit them. For the people who want to "try before they buy it" can do so with the free version and then either choose to buy the paid version or buy things for their free version. The fully paid version will always be the most economical though if you like the game since we want to thank the players who buy it whole.

Thanks for your interest in our game, we hope you are enjoying it.

Mark