Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Default Blastpoints - (by Checkbox Studios) - Universal App

this is a UE powered space shooter I stumbled across.

Just played around with this game for a few minutes; it's currently free (no adverts). I don't know if inapp currency will be required for prgression, but it seems like it might be worth a shot.

TA bot, your attention please? No? Ok.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-09-2012 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: appinfo
Old 11-08-2012, 06:11 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I guess i'll have to remove my appinfo post since you were able to already

Im currently downloading, it is free, and it looks decent on screenshots.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 11-08-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Old 11-08-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I guess i'll have to remove my appinfo post since you were able to already

Im currently downloading, it is free, and it looks decent on screenshots.
Any updates on if it's good or not?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

It's a decent Arena type shooter. There are 4 game modes: Assassination, Deathmatch, Time Attack and Survival. Each of these game type rotate in difficulty. 1 will be Easy, 2 will be medium, and 1 will be hard. Everytime you start a game, these game types rotate. This means the game provides a way to force you into playing multiple game modes and not just one.

Having mentioned that it is an arena type game, you gain Blastpoints as you play, and you spend them in the garage to upgrade your ship or to buy new ones. You can fit it with new primary weapons, secondaries, specials, and engines. Of course, there's IAP for the impatient. Since there isnt a story mode or any form of linear progression, being weak isnt really an issue, since you can opt to stick to easier missions until you can farm for better stuff. Obviously, the higher difficulties give better blastpoints.

As for the actual gameplay, i cant say it's pretty smooth on the 4s. It doesnt stutter at all, but it feels rough rolling through space and chasing targets in the arenas. I dont know how many arena there are, but the 3 games i've played, each one's different. And each one is HUGE.

Controls are decent, once you change to a dynamic vstick (where you touch becomes the center). The default is ok, but having analog functionality (the farther your thumb is fromthe center of the stick, the faster the turn), it is easier to control your aim with the dynamic vstick. There is also an invert look option for those who prefer that.

On the right are multiple buttons. There is a primary weapon button, one for secondary, and one for the special. There is also the boost and brake buttons right above and below the primary weapon button. This may sound awkward, but it works. I for one, prefer swiping to accelerate or decelerate, but it does work.

For the graphics, think of older UDK games. It just feels like that. Like during Unreal Tournament era. The visuals do remind me of that game.

And im not sure how many other enemies are on screen, but i've played matches with about 10 maybe 12 enemies around, it's awesome, it's chaotic, but it works. On the downside, you wont have eyes on each one except for arrows and blips on your screen, but you wont know when something is tailing you or when you are about to get hit. At least you know when something fires at you because of te blips. The chaos is a double edged sword, you may like it, or you wont.

i cant say much for IAP, but it feels like a bit of grinding might be necessary to get the higher end ships and loadouts. But what i like about this, is that you can choose how you play the game with the game modes options and the difficulty options. Lesser pressure if you just want to play casually.

In addition, it's universal, has over 40 achievements, and leaderboards for each of the game modes and a few more stats.

For the price of FREE (not sure if this is totally freemium), i would recommend you try it. It isnt ARC Squadron, and it definitely isnt GoF2, but it is a pretty decent take on a spaceship dogfight scenes confined in arena based game modes.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 11-08-2012 at 08:50 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 02:52 AM

Default Game Impressions

It`s kinda solid but I would wish it would have more an deeper going on Story Part similar to Games like Aquanox I/II.

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-29-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Greyskull, the TA Bot is actually nothing more than random TA forum members posting threads from the TA app (that's a lot of T&A! DERP~!). There's nothing that's automated, like adding appinfo or whatever.