• Version: 1.0.11
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: People say
- Another great game from Game Stew - by DarkDjango
- An excellent follow-up to the quirky Tower of Fortune - by Retr0spective
- Fantastically retro - by Stumpyjay
- Great minimalist pixel art. Sharp looking game - by ForestRayColson
- Gonna buy tower of fortune just because its from the same guys!!!! - by Droskie
- Hard as heck but wonderful! - by Admiral Snackbar
- Just as fun as Tower of Fortune! And just as addicting! - by Juliet M
- Original and fun - by 4ppleseed
- The gameplay is much deeper than what you see on the surface. Can't stop playing!! - by MilkcanRocks
- Very charming and elegant - by Ponder_Rosa

Review
- War of Eclipse is great - by 148Apps, 4/5
- ... a near perfect balance between casual distraction and hardcore game - by AppsHappens

Appstore Customer Ratings
Average rating for all versions: 4.5/5

-----------------------------------------------------------
War of Eclipse is a retro style game that combines timing action, role playing, and adventure elements. You play as a captain who crashed in a battle but is saved by human survivors. As the fight against the aliens wages on you will unveil the truth about the war for the human world.

Features
- One button gameplay that is easy to learn and play
- Retro style pixel graphics with detailed 8 bit art
- Challenge high scores in survival mode and see your ranking in the world
- Detailed tutorial and tips that are available at any time
- 7 air battleships to build and customize, including one ultimate battleship
- 7 endings to discover, see the story and experience the possibilities from different angle
- 35 enemy types to fight; they will shoot, charge, and ambush you, and also bomb your base
- Collect lost data that unveils the history behind the aliens and human world
- Random equipment includes: 20 kinds of parts combine with 50 kinds of abilities and 10 LV upgrade
- Different challenges during the battle, such as avoiding an ambush, battling in a lightning storm, and destroying the falling boss enemies before atmospheric friction burned you
- 20 achievements to conquer!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/WarofEclipse

Gameplay Video
http://youtu.be/urCha_Bqdzg

Sanuku's comments:

11-08-2012, 10:17 PM

11-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Soooooooo excited about this one.

and the horse you rode in on

Awaiting: Ridiculous Fishing // Random Battles // Monster Loves You! // Punch Quest // FIST OF AWESOME // Hammer04 // Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage
11-08-2012, 10:23 PM
*deleted video

Looks awesome. Wish this dev made his games Universal though.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind

Last edited by strivemind; 11-09-2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: video added to OP
11-09-2012, 01:37 AM
I got a promo code. Good thing considering I have .84 cents in my account and a 2 pack a day smoking habit.

I'll post impressions later...maybe not tonight (I'm on East Coast US time)
11-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Looking forward to your impressions. This one looks fun.
11-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
YouTube: video
Thanks for the Hint. I`ll add that Trailer to the first Post.
11-09-2012, 02:51 AM
This game looks fun and simple, but I'm just confused as to what else the game gives us. Seems extremely repetitive. Just want some impressions before I try it out.
11-09-2012, 03:26 AM
Relative to Game Stew's Tower of Fortune I am disappointed. WoE features nice ship upgrade options and fun retro graphics. Basically you upgrade ship then battle fiends for in game gold and more uogrades. The battles feel over simplified to me consisting of one tap touching to stop a moving bar over a target. There is a good challenge but maybe it's just not to my preference. It might be interesting in a casual game sense but feels like a missed opportunity for a combat sim. It's likely a fair pick up and play option but lasting appeal is questionable. The game's app description seems faithful to the content but to me so far it feels like a really polished one touch tap accuracy test mini game with hollow core gameplay betraying the cool premise set up in screen shots. People interested in dork upgrading their ships and geeking out over the retro sci fi theme will likely want more combat depth.

I'm curious about others impressions and will post more if my opinion changes with more play time.

Last edited by undeadcow; 11-09-2012 at 06:58 AM.
11-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Looks fantastic to me and combat reminds me of deep deep dungeon.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword