★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Indie game developers unite for cross promotion

11-10-2012, 12:32 PM
#1
Indie game developers unite for cross promotion



Hey guys,

I'm representing a group of talented indie game developers that created really amazing games but never got featured by Apple and didn't get many sales.
Instead of giving up we decided to join our forces and create our own platform to cross-promote the games (first of a kind in the world).

All of the games are highly rated (4.5 average on the App Store after dozens of ratings and rave reviews on many game review sites) but just never had the luck of being featured and get the exposure.

You can find out more about the games at our web app: www.goodgamepack.com
11-10-2012, 02:43 PM
#2
Already have 3 of those, but have not heard of the others. Will check them out.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs

11-10-2012, 03:00 PM
#3
Which 3?

We hope it catches wind and more people will know about it, because it's either that or giving up on those games...
11-10-2012, 04:06 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1sh View Post
Which 3?

We hope it catches wind and more people will know about it, because it's either that or giving up on those games...
Kometen, Brainsss and Hungry Squid...all are quite good.

but to be honest, apart from Nihilumbra, I had not even heard of those other games.

have you considered adding links to reviews/user opinions to that page, because right now all it does is link to itunes, just gives people more insight into the game. good reviews and recommendations do help a lot (that's why I got those three games in the first place)

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
11-10-2012, 04:28 PM
#5
Brainsss has a lite.

Also, it would be great if all of the games on your service has lites, right now, there is no real purpose to go to your page. But if it all the games had lite versions, I would go there and try then out, and if I liked them, I would buy them.

There are always alot of web sites that have a best game section or something like that. You need some hook, I like the lite idea where you go to try games out and buy them.
11-10-2012, 04:30 PM
#6
Brainsss and webbies are both great games, fyi. I am downloading hungry squids since it is the only lite version, I hope it is good!
11-11-2012, 10:41 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Brainsss has a lite.

Also, it would be great if all of the games on your service has lites, right now, there is no real purpose to go to your page. But if it all the games had lite versions, I would go there and try then out, and if I liked them, I would buy them.

There are always alot of web sites that have a best game section or something like that. You need some hook, I like the lite idea where you go to try games out and buy them.
@g1sh: I would agree with Connector. I guess because of lesser known titles/developer, people are more inclined to try it out only if there's a LITE version.

I've downloaded Brainsss Free & Hungry Squid Lite. Will be trying them out soon!

=)
11-14-2012, 08:37 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1sh View Post
All of the games are highly rated (4.5 average on the App Store after dozens of ratings and rave reviews on many game review sites) but just never had the luck of being featured and get the exposure.
Is the group open to other Indie Devs? And..is the 4.5 avg rating a criteria to join.. if the group is open to other indie devs?
11-15-2012, 06:09 PM
#9
Well, the group is still open but the games need to be good and pretty
If you know of a game to suggest give us a shout.

We are thinking about a contest in which one or two people can win promo codes for all of the games from the pack. I'm in the middle of coordinating that. The contest would simply be about posing the info about the pack to either facebook or twitter and we'd draw a winner from the ones who made a post using the "pay with a tweet or facebook" service.

More info soon
11-16-2012, 02:18 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1sh View Post
Well, the group is still open but the games need to be good and pretty
If you know of a game to suggest give us a shout.

We are thinking about a contest in which one or two people can win promo codes for all of the games from the pack. I'm in the middle of coordinating that. The contest would simply be about posing the info about the pack to either facebook or twitter and we'd draw a winner from the ones who made a post using the "pay with a tweet or facebook" service.

More info soon
cool cool~! i will probably contact you if I know of any =p