Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-12-2012, 05:58 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default iWesnoth

iPad thread
Old 11-12-2012, 07:02 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

How is this different than Battle of Wesnoth? And who is this developer? Looks like they're both the same game, I don't get it.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
How is this different than Battle of Wesnoth? And who is this developer? Looks like they're both the same game, I don't get it.
The Battle of Wesnoth source is an open source PC game. Anyone could port it with tweaks, etc. This version seems to have a fan friendly add-on download server with expansions and new characters (?).
Old 11-12-2012, 07:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
Wesnoth is a free PC game that has a GNU licence. This effectively means any body can do as they wish with it, hence two ports of the game. It seems from the iPad post this version has better access to downloadable campaigns and the like.

Being as the first port has been abandoned this new version can only be a good thing....should it live up to its promise.

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37879

If you want to speak to the dev the above link is your best bet.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:15 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Anyone try the iphone version? The screen shots make it look like the game is super zoomed in.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default So close

I want to love this app but its got a ways to go. When I downloaded it today I had to delete my previous battle for wesnoth app that has been on my iPhone since I bought the first 3G years ago! Truth is the ability to download maps, campaigns, and scenarios from the web is amazing and will keep the game fresh long after the developer stops updating it.

Unfortunately this one needs some major updating in the mean time. Scrolling the battlefield is very poorly done, I have to use the undo move for just about every other move. Also the graphics do not look sharp at all, text seems blurry and the pop up characters seem over pixelated (keep in mind I have put in about 70 hours into the first release). It's just not as sharp as I would expect.

Also I have encounted a game crippling bug where at the end of a battle the victory music makes my speakers play some loud crackling sound that does not go away until the app is closed. This is such a fantastic piece if mobile gaming its a shame it still has so far to go, hopefully the new developer will stand behind this build and give it the support it needs.

Playing on iPhone 4S.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFobos View Post
I want to love this app but its got a ways to go. When I downloaded it today I had to delete my previous battle for wesnoth app that has been on my iPhone since I bought the first 3G years ago! Truth is the ability to download maps, campaigns, and scenarios from the web is amazing and will keep the game fresh long after the developer stops updating it.

Unfortunately this one needs some major updating in the mean time. Scrolling the battlefield is very poorly done, I have to use the undo move for just about every other move. Also the graphics do not look sharp at all, text seems blurry and the pop up characters seem over pixelated (keep in mind I have put in about 70 hours into the first release). It's just not as sharp as I would expect.

Also I have encounted a game crippling bug where at the end of a battle the victory music makes my speakers play some loud crackling sound that does not go away until the app is closed. This is such a fantastic piece if mobile gaming its a shame it still has so far to go, hopefully the new developer will stand behind this build and give it the support it needs.

Playing on iPhone 4S.
Yeah, I've been playing wesnoth since before it was being developed for other platforms, and I was SO happy when I first heard of the first port. This one seems like it'll be cool too, and the expansion stuff sounds awesome! I can't wait to try it out and compare it to "wesnoth 1".
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Can't wait for a refill. I NEED this
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I have an iphone 4s 64gb ios 6.1 jb, playing any campaign, when a unit levels up and branches into two or more categories, visualize this error:

Project-Id-Versiom: it
Report-Msgid-Bugs-To [url]http://bugs.wesnoth.org/[/url]
POT-Creation-Date: 2012-10-27 16:01+0200
PO-Revision-Date: 2012-10-28 09:31+0100
Last-Translator: Antonio 'Antro' Rosella <arosella@yahoo.com>
Language-Team: Italian <kde-i18n-it@kde.org>
Language: it
MIME-Version:1.0
Content-Type:text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfert-Encoding: 8bit
X-Generator: Lokalize 1.2
X-Poedit-Language: Italian