Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-14-2012, 08:55 AM

Default Real Boxing - (by Vivid Games)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-15-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Vote for your favorite GOTW !!!

Click on above icons to discover more about the games!

REAL BOXING
is a nominee for
Touch Arcade Game of the Week
14/11/2012

Do you like to feel every hook, jab, and uppercut in this exciting boxing game?

VOTE HERE
- Devs cannot vote for their own games -

Poll close
11-22-2012 at 05:22 PM
Old 12-23-2012, 02:09 AM

Default Game Impressions

Got it the other day and spent a bit of time with it today. Feedback for devs (who seem to care about feedback, just not responding here):

While the game's graphics and presentation are one of the best on iOS, this game severely lacks depth offered by Fight Night iOS.

The combat often feels like a turn-based affair with enemies more or less fighting the same way (to be fair Fight Night only have 3: all-rounder, power, and speed boxer).

It's gonna make so much difference if we can tilt to move around the ring a la Fight Night, because as many said, boxing is not all about throwing punches, it's about footwork too. With no footwork, this game feels like Touch KO, a much-hyped but in reality a terrible game.

There's nothing real about a boxing game without footwork.

We must also be able to throw punch combos more fluidly, at the moment it almost feels like there's no boxer with rapid punches.

The KO animation could benefit from a ragdoll physics. It's not realistic, but the current animation is far from realistic as well, it feels stiff and annoyingly repetitive after you've seen it thrice.

And finally, with so much details on the face, the KO animation could've zoomed in a bit more as gamers love setting their opponents' face battered Again, look at Fight Night.

In conclusion, I'd say Fight Night, despite its age (2 years old?) is still the best boxing game for iOS as it offers both more depth and fun factor. A Fight Night game with this engine would be the ultimate iBoxing game.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Need Help!!

Can real boxing explain why is it in Multiplayer Statistics i won 318 and won by KO 315 but my Leaderboard points is only 797?? let say i only count KO, 1 KO = 3 points and if i won 315 KO = 945!
That is why i dont play this game as many as before.. only play like 2 times a week now, and my ranking drop from 1 to 6 now! Please Help!!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Multiplayer Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextg View Post
Can real boxing explain why is it in Multiplayer Statistics i won 318 and won by KO 315 but my Leaderboard points is only 797?? let say i only count KO, 1 KO = 3 points and if i won 315 KO = 945!
That is why i dont play this game as many as before.. only play like 2 times a week now, and my ranking drop from 1 to 6 now! Please Help!!!!!
Sorry for delayed response.

Indeed 1 KO = 3 points but when someone leaves the fight or gets disconnected you get only 1 point.

The difference may be attributed to that.

Hope this helps.

VG
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hi Vivid,

I finally managed to get my hands on an iPod Touch 5G, and the increased ram and more powerful A5 chip make a huge difference. I saw an intro cut-scene that I did not know existed. Fights are now far smoother, which revealed a problem I noticed. The players boxer responds incredibly slowly compared to the AI, which responds incredibly quickly.

For example, if I swing and miss, the AI is able to counter in the split of a second. If the AI misses and I'm even a fraction of a second off in tapping, I get hit for an insane amount of damage. Am I just slow, or is the AI really that quick?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default AI and amount of damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzu View Post
Hi Vivid,

I finally managed to get my hands on an iPod Touch 5G, and the increased ram and more powerful A5 chip make a huge difference. I saw an intro cut-scene that I did not know existed. Fights are now far smoother, which revealed a problem I noticed. The players boxer responds incredibly slowly compared to the AI, which responds incredibly quickly.

For example, if I swing and miss, the AI is able to counter in the split of a second. If the AI misses and I'm even a fraction of a second off in tapping, I get hit for an insane amount of damage. Am I just slow, or is the AI really that quick?
The amount of damage depends on your opponent skills. Start with a weaker opponent and/or improve your character. When AI is attacking concentrate on defence.

Hope this helps.

Vivid Games

Last edited by VividGames; 02-11-2013 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-13-2013, 02:33 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
after hours of playing this game i can assume that after we finished the bronze level(career mode) and continue to silver, the opponents gets tougher and its impossible to beat them without buying the ability upgrade(coins or whatever the name is) from the store. am i right ? or i simply just that stupid to play this game?

@dev please reply because if it so then i dont want to waste my time playing this game collecting upgrades(that requires you to buy coins)
So you do not absolutely have to buy skill upgrades in the store. You also increase your skills by pure fighting and going to the gym for training (this is possible every 5 fights). This strategy would work although is quite lengthy. Just remember to go to the gym. ;-)

The additional element is to buy skill sets with the in-game currency. Please note that you do not have to buy in-game currency for real money. You get in-game currency just for fighting and this should be sufficient to buy the skills you need.

Vivid Games
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 PM
In Time-Out
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
after hours of playing this game i can assume that after we finished the bronze level(career mode) and continue to silver, the opponents gets tougher and its impossible to beat them without buying the ability upgrade(coins or whatever the name is) from the store. am i right ? or i simply just that stupid to play this game?

@dev please reply because if it so then i dont want to waste my time playing this game collecting upgrades(that requires you to buy coins)
I beat this game going straight through each opponent for each tier. 1x Bronze 1x silver 10x gold. No iap were used either. My technique was concentrate on increasing damage after each training. I guess your technique just sucks in game. Dodging is important and so is blocking. On the other hand I see no improvements in this game. The response time is still just as bad as it was from the release of game. I'm using an iPhone 5 so I'm pretty sure my hardware is not outdated. Playing multiplayer is even worse. I have a fast Internet connection. My blocks and dodges are useless when there is delay. It feels dumb to continuously tap block and dodge repeatedly. I want to tap it when it's needed. When I tap it it's delayed..
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Looks great but is it actually supporting touch 4g?
Read the description/requirements