Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Echoseven Echoseven is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 4,948
Default Total Recoil - (by Eiconic Games Finland) - Universal App





Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up



Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-15-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:40 PM
sugimulm sugimulm is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The last time zone for iOS game releases :(
Posts: 1,489
Default

Cannot wait till 11pm!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Biggavelli Biggavelli is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boston,MA
Posts: 1,085
Default

This looks great.Add list to tonight's list
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Gabrien Gabrien is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
Default

Looks like fun, but the likelihood of consumable IAP (going on screenshots) on top of the $2 price tag is sufficient to convince me to at least hold off for now.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Looking forward to getting this.

Last edited by Connector; 12-12-2012 at 03:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM
awp69 awp69 is offline
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Default

If I wasn't playing through iBomber Attack, I'd probably be all over this. Looks like something to keep on my to get list if impressions are good.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Looks like fun, but the likelihood of consumable IAP (going on screenshots) on top of the $2 price tag is sufficient to convince me to at least hold off for now.
Yuppers, you were right. Sigh.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:46 AM
psj3809 psj3809 is online now
Moderator
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 8,883
Default

Hmmm !

Now dont get me wrong iOS games are cheap, but theres me bleating on and on about buying games to help support the devs, i dont wait for games to be free, want the dev to get the money etc etc.

But i'm getting a bit sick and tired of games going free a week after release. You would think its the other way round, release a game for free, get people praising it and then after 24/48 hours you have to pay for it ?

Either way i'll continue to buy as many games as i can full price BUT i'm getting a bit fed up of games going free a week later. A month or so i can understand and wouldnt gripe, but a week ???

Its a great game but a bit miffed its gone free so early
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM
C.Hannum C.Hannum is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
But i'm getting a bit sick and tired of games going free a week after release. You would think its the other way round, release a game for free, get people praising it and then after 24/48 hours you have to pay for it?
^This. I sympathize with being unable to get attention in such a crowded app store, but no game that wasn't meant to be a freemium title should ever go free in the first three months, it's simply training the consumers to NOT buy your product.

I love the trend of being free for the first 24-48 hours because the hardcore nutjobs like us who follow game releases will get a bargain and toot your horn if the game is good so the casuals can come in and blow their whole $1 or $2 on your hard work.

The game was worth the $2, so if anything was needed to drum up some attention, $1 should have been more than enough of a price cut.

Oh well, glad to have helped support a polished, well done game, just hope this seemingly bone headed price cut works out for the devs.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2012, 04:22 PM
EiconicNJ EiconicNJ is offline
Junior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Warwick, UK
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
^This. I sympathize with being unable to get attention in such a crowded app store, but no game that wasn't meant to be a freemium title should ever go free in the first three months, it's simply training the consumers to NOT buy your product.

I love the trend of being free for the first 24-48 hours because the hardcore nutjobs like us who follow game releases will get a bargain and toot your horn if the game is good so the casuals can come in and blow their whole $1 or $2 on your hard work.

The game was worth the $2, so if anything was needed to drum up some attention, $1 should have been more than enough of a price cut.

Oh well, glad to have helped support a polished, well done game, just hope this seemingly bone headed price cut works out for the devs.
Firstly, thank you for saying the game was worth the $2.

The change has been made to drum up some visibility for the title, we've had little to no coverage on the main gaming sites. People just don't know about the game.

Reducing the price to $1 was an option, but because of the particular week we are now in, Thanksgiving, it would have been lost against the other price cuts for titles that had the visibility.

We decided the best option for us to address that was to go free until the end of the Thanksgiving weekend.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent