Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Vampire Fight (by ioslove)

This slipped by unnoticed, yesterday...

Last edited by Vovin; 11-16-2012 at 05:57 AM..
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

While I appreciate the Castlevania-esque vibe (and want to issue a reminder to Konami to hurry up and release C:SotN for iOS already), the keypad icons on the third screenshot (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 0, *, #) give me the impression that this is just a port of an old mobile game, which doesn't usually bode well gameplay-wise.

Game looks worth a shot if that impression is incorrect, though.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Banned
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

the game is very good
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by picoro View Post
the game is very good
Is this a full on KRPG or 2d hack n slash? Or......
Please give us or reason why it's good...thx
Old 11-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Banned
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
Is this a full on KRPG or 2d hack n slash? Or......
Please give us or reason why it's good...thx
The game is great excellent graphics and battle system awsome sound efects
Old 11-16-2012, 11:45 AM

Someone please post a ingame video hehe!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by picoro View Post
the game is very good
Any chance of telling us more ? Just that doesnt really tell us much about the game !
Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm tempted to TOFTT and just buy this and leave impressions. My only caveat is that it is iPhone/iTouch specific, so I know the buttons will be awkwardly placed on my iPad. From what I am seeing on the reviews of the app though, it has problems with crashing...
Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
I'm tempted to TOFTT and just buy this and leave impressions. My only caveat is that it is iPhone/iTouch specific, so I know the buttons will be awkwardly placed on my iPad. From what I am seeing on the reviews of the app though, it has problems with crashing...
Yeah.. playing all these KRPGs on my iPad at x2 resolution is making my thumbs ache!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Okay I'm back!

So here's the good and the bad:

Typical KRPG romp with a vampire twist. Admittedly, this one jumps into it much more quickly than the standard fare KRPG, which is a pleasant change of pace for things!

The game seems to be a port of some kind, as there seems quite a bit of "Loading" screens where none seem necessary and there is certain parts with noticeable frame lose, to the point where you will see the black frames cut in between the action. The game does require I telnet connection to load, and for some strange reason, the first time I played the game it changed the icon of the app. Also it doesn't help that you pay for an app and as soon as it loads on the main menu you are greeted to an Ad on the top border!

The controls seem four positional though the game does have a multi-directional virtual thumb stick for movement instead of a virtual D-pad, but the character still only moves in what seem as four directions. The combat is what you'd expect and feels satisfying, the button layout is of the typical layout as well (as an aside: Is there some single engine that all of these games are made from? It seems like the menu's and button layouts are the same regardless of what developer you buy them from!). The thing that will really grab gamers who like this type of game is the combination system, which allows you to combine items and enhance weapons. To me, that makes this game interesting, along with the Vampire theme and the whole "Save Dracula" plot going on.

Let it be said: this is not a polished app by any means, and if you have played some of the Gamevil, Caramel, Oddy Arts or 2ComUs and other KRPG developers, this one will seem a little unpolished in the way of porting. Aside from that, the visuals are decent for smaller screens, and the art direction is very nice, though it must be said that this game looks horrible-good, depending on the device you play it on. If playing on an iPhone or iTouch, I'd imagine this game will look good, very much like a homage to the SNES era of gaming. On an iPad 3 however, this game looks blurry, pixelated, muddy and unimpressive. Playing in 1X and them switching to 2X I can tell this is meant purely for smaller screen gamers. It could also stand to have a better frame rate and lose all the loading issues it apparently have carried over from being ported.

Buy at your own risk, but know that it is a pretty good if slightly flawed game (technically speaking)! If one could look past the little issues they can enjoy this!

Last edited by Bool Zero; 11-16-2012 at 11:55 AM..