Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to Pman
Default iPad 4 or wait for rumored iPad 5

So for Christmas I kind of have a debacle. I'm a freshman in college, and use my iPhone 4s, iPad 2, and MacBook pro late 2011 daily for school work, entertainment, and watching Netflix/Hulu. As for entertainment on my iPhone/iPad I play multiple multiplayer games, recreational games, and many memory intense games like mc3 and such. My iPad 2 seems to run fine, but the Internet keeps telling me what a big jump it is from the second exertion to the fourth generation. I've been saying up specifically for Christmas to buy myself something nice electronic wise, and I think the iPad 4 is right for me, but on the other hand, I don't want my precious money to go to a device tht could all but be outdated in 70 days from Christmas by the rumored iPad 5 with its new features and design. Is it worth withholding my money from the iPad 4 to wait for the 5? Or is it worth having the 4 for the time being and just being a bit behind when apple releases more iPads?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:41 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

If you're happy with it, get it. If you feel it's lacking in something, wait
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

The iPad 4th gen is the first iPad worth having since the iPad 2.

At the same time though, with the iPad 2, you have pretty much one of the best iPads to date. Unless you really want a retina screen, the jump from 2 to 4 isn't that big (the Internet is a lying hype machine) so you won't be missing out much if you wait until March to see if they unveil anything.

That said, I really don't see them releasing a new iPad before November, there is no reason for them to.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post

At the same time though, with the iPad 2, you have pretty much one of the best iPads to date. Unless you really want a retina screen, the jump from 2 to 4 isn't that big (the Internet is a lying hype machine) so you won't be missing out much if you wait until March to see if they unveil anything.

That said, I really don't see them releasing a new iPad before November, there is no reason for them to.
Thank you for that reply. I do agree with you, I don't even care about a redesign, and honestly? I don't care that much about a retina display, but I think in the end I will get it. And you are spot on with that sense that they won't release another until November. I think it would be dumb to within 365 have 3 different iPads come out. And really I don't know what they could change in the ipad. So thanks for that advice, it will help with my decision. Also if they do come out with another, I'll just wait for the ipad mini 2 to have the new stuff(if ever).
Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I would wait for the ipad 5 if you have the ipad 2, but read the ipad 4 thread in the ipad forum for more info.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:55 AM

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr

I would wait for new Ipad, 4th Gen is still not enough for smooth playing (60fps) in some games, due to not offering to play in lower resolution. But at least GOF2 support it.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

If you want an iPad, buy an iPad. Playing games on iPad 2 is great, playing games on iPad 3 is great. If you're paranoid about getting left out when a new device is released, you'll never buy one.

Quote:

And this is false. Retina is the best thing to happen to tablets/smartphones/screens in general since the jump to LCD.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
That.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

You've got an iPad right now. Basically, at the end of the day you can still get pretty much any app available for it. So really, there's no real need to get a new one. It's not like you don't have one right away at your disposal, and you have too much excitement to wait.

Just wait it out and you'll be much more pleased.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-sam View Post
You've got an iPad right now. Basically, at the end of the day you can still get pretty much any app available for it. So really, there's no real need to get a new one. It's not like you don't have one right away at your disposal, and you have too much excitement to wait.

Just wait it out and you'll be much more pleased.
That's true and all, but I don't want to keep chasing the next best thing. I think the ipad 4 will meet my needs a plenty.