★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do you play only game centre games?

11-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Do you play only game centre games?

Hi all.

I'm an indie developer and we're trying to find out how important Game centre achievements are for people? Hope you can help.

Do any if you only play a game if it has them or are you not that bothered or do you prefer them but still IOS game even if they haven't got them?

Thanks for your help.

11-28-2012, 02:35 AM
I know a fair few people who like them and even some who refuse to buy a game unless it has them.

I personally am not bothered, theyre a 'nice to have' but i just like playing a game the old fashioned way instead of trying to get 50/50 gems etc on every level. With so many games out there and more each week i'm not bothered about spending tons of time getting every gem on every level to get 3/3 stars etc !

11-28-2012, 03:04 AM
I don't care about GC achievements at all, and don't understand why they are so important to some people. For me, the only reason to have Game Center is for convenient multiplayer matchmaking.
11-28-2012, 03:08 AM
I wouldn't care less if Game Center was nonexistent, to be honest.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-28-2012, 03:17 AM
Maybe if Game Center was better, but it sucks so I'm not bothered.

I know Gameloft and EA games usually dont have support.
11-28-2012, 04:53 AM
I think it's pathetic if anyone actually thinks like that.

To this day I'm still not really sure what its point is. It just wastes app space on my device.

I just want to play a game, regardless of if I may get some banner come up and say 'well done, you've done something hundreds of other people have already done'.

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
11-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I occasionally pick up a title with no gamecenter but its always the first to go when space is needed.

Personally, I don't understand why all developers don't jump on gamecenter. Its guaranteed way of making sure everyone plays their game longer. Those who don't use it, won't so no offending them if its around. Those who do use it, will use it for the boards, achievements, etc.

Udunno, its just always made me scratch my head whenever a triple a title hits with cutting edge graphics, amazing gameplay that took a whole lot of development time to complete... and then left out gamecenter.

Gamecenter : taeles