★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game you bought turns free next day!

11-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Game you bought turns free next day!

Has that ever happen? And how do you feel?
11-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Don't bother me unless its 1.99 and up and happened once and I cussed the devloper out

11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing...bought it last Christmas whilst it was on sale, for it to turn free thanks to the Apple 12-days of Christmas promotion
11-30-2012, 08:15 PM
It happens but not a big deal specially when the game might be 69p. It's worse in real life when a car or house drops in price!
12-01-2012, 05:59 PM
For me, it depends on the worth of the game. Some games, or just apps in general, I didn't feel too bothered when the prices dropped. As for others, I just throw them into AppShopper and wait for sales to take place.

Besides, now that we're approaching the end of 2012, it's going to be sales galore.
12-01-2012, 06:24 PM
It's ok for me but don't lie to me, I hate capcom!
capcom fooled me again and again, for IOS ,it's twice.
first, they discount street fighter, after I bought it, they realeased volt.
second time is street fighter x tekken, they said they will raise the price, but after I bought they discount it to 0.99.
yes you have right to discount it but you can't lie like that.

gameloft ID:zhclarensi. Common play nova 2 or MC 3.
12-01-2012, 07:18 PM
12-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
LOL exactly!
12-03-2012, 07:07 AM
If its an indie dev I don't mind at all. If anything I feel happier that I paid something.. Especially if I really enjoyed the game. Often I feel guilty by paying just a dollar for so many hours of entertainment and wish I could pay more.
So it doesn't really bother me in the slightest if its indie and was a good game.
However, if its a big company like gameloft or chillingo, i may feel slightly irritated, especially if I didn't really like the game, and it was 3$+
I'm a big fan of puzzle games, so many puzzle games are indie devs, and so many indie devs don't get noticed, so have no choice but to make their game free...so I see it quite alot. When I first came to the AppStore it did bother me, but after years I am more appreciative at all the brilliant games I have experienced for a mere dollar or two and am more appreciative and eager to risk a buck or two on a game by an indie dev, even if I am not sure of the gameplay, it's worth a few dollars just to check It out, and it's nice to leave 5 star feedback especially when there are no other reviews.. It's good to show our appreciation to the indies working hard to compete with the big guys.
I must have had at least $50 worth of games go free, I bought sonic racing at full price, (around $6 I think) and it went free, plus I've spent about $4 on all kairosoft games that eventually went down to 99c each, plus other games like sonic games and such. It annoys me s little when it's games from a big rich company, they don't need the money, nor the feedback, and I didn't even enjoy the sonic games much on iOS either. But shit happens basically.
12-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Why would I get mad over $0.99? The developer probably needs it more than I do

i'm a pretty kitty cat