Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default How to get testers on TestFlight?

We have decided not to release any more games without thorough testing and we have joined TestFlight which seems to be the right kind of service. The group for testers is created, but the thing is that the testers will not join it on their own...
So the question is - how do you motivate people to join your testing group and when they join how do you motivate them to do good testing?

If you are curious about our next game which will be a cute action game featuring a panda as the main character, please, feel free to join. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:39 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I joined
Old 12-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
I joined
Thanks!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Just tell us what your game is about and that should do it.maybe give 10 dollar iTunes card to testers if they keep giving feedback. Maybe others can give ideas.

I sent a request to join also.
Well, that's the thing. I am planning things in advance and at the moment the game is in prototype stage, not quite ready for the release even for beta testing yet. But I am very confident that this is going to be a very fun action game. You will have to trust me at this point

I must say "maybe give 10 dollar to testers if they keep giving feedback" is a bit vague. It is not a problem to provide some incentive, but I am looking for a way to set more straightforward conditions of getting those small prizes to avoid frustration (I should mention that I am not willing to pay anything for meaningless feedback and I am sure some people will join just to get free $10)
Old 12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Put a post in the upcoming games forums and ask for beta testers. You'll get a lot of responses. Make sure to put up some screenshots of the games to see if they are interested.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:53 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanzaiTokyo View Post
Well, that's the thing. I am planning things in advance and at the moment the game is in prototype stage, not quite ready for the release even for beta testing yet. But I am very confident that this is going to be a very fun action game. You will have to trust me at this point

I must say "maybe give 10 dollar to testers if they keep giving feedback" is a bit vague. It is not a problem to provide some incentive, but I am looking for a way to set more straightforward conditions of getting those small prizes to avoid frustration (I should mention that I am not willing to pay anything for meaningless feedback and I am sure some people will join just to get free $10)
I agree on the free $10 problem
I would give one app maybe a maximum of $2 for useful feedback though
Old 12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hi BanzaiTokyo,

I did my first beta testing in TA by creating this thread and it went pretty well for me:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=157396

Perhaps you should try doing something similar. I got a lot of great feedback and interest.

Jorge
Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.x

Here's a tip: Don't advertise for beta testing in Developer Services and Trade. Jorge et al seem to have the right idea...will try again myself sooner or later.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I just got a bunch of friends to help me test it via test flight, seems to work best as you get honest feedback!