★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Glu games

12-02-2012, 04:43 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,859
Glu games

You know this weekend I went on a Glu games binge and I have to say I loved a bunch of them. Just some of them are super hard once u play them a bit, like cant even progress past a certain point unless u pay for gems or whatever the premium currency is. To bad because I would pay at least $6 for most of there games if they were beatable with no IAP. Anyone else like Glu games or have some tips to get past IAP barrier?
12-02-2012, 04:45 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
You know this weekend I went on a Glu games binge and I have to say I loved a bunch of them. Just some of them are super hard once u play them a bit, like cant even progress past a certain point unless u pay for gems or whatever the premium currency is. To bad because I would pay at least $6 for most of there games if they were beatable with no IAP. Anyone else like Glu games or have some tips to get past IAP barrier?
Umm how about a glu game going 7 bucks then after that person bought it,it goes free. So after hearing that I say screw glu

12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Umm how about a glu game going 7 bucks then after that person bought it,it goes free. So after hearing that I say screw glu
Worse, they pull their best games from the store: Beat It! (Oh how I loved that game) and the Glyder series.
12-02-2012, 05:27 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Worse, they pull their best games from the store: Beat It! (Oh how I loved that game) and the Glyder series.
Never heard of those. I had my iPod since July
12-02-2012, 05:28 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,859
What Glu games do you guys like? Is there some good ones that arent so hard on the IAP thing?

I am all the way to tournament 5 on B&G2 is that kind of far with no IAP?

Last edited by Amenbrother; 12-02-2012 at 05:38 PM.
12-02-2012, 07:18 PM
#6
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Ma
Posts: 675
You can get far in samurai vs zombie without iaps and also zombie HQ. I do love most of their games and also wish they made freemium games
12-02-2012, 04:46 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
You know this weekend I went on a Glu games binge and I have to say I loved a bunch of them. Just some of them are super hard once u play them a bit, like cant even progress past a certain point unless u pay for gems or whatever the premium currency is. To bad because I would pay at least $6 for most of there games if they were beatable with no IAP. Anyone else like Glu games or have some tips to get past IAP barrier?
Gears and guts is good ...haven't hit pay wall yet
12-02-2012, 04:50 PM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Glu games are pretty, and fun to play for one hour, then you hit a paywall and quit or pay inapps, then delete. So much for that.
12-02-2012, 04:54 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Glu games are pretty, and fun to play for one hour, then you hit a paywall and quit or pay inapps, then delete. So much for that.
Well I played like 6 of there games for like a whole weekend with no pay wall yet except for a few of them and I feel like I am getting close to a wall on a few others. Sigh I wish they made premium games!
12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Area 51
Posts: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Well I played like 6 of there games for like a whole weekend with no pay wall yet except for a few of them and I feel like I am getting close to a wall on a few others. Sigh I wish they made premium games!
Which ones did you not hit pay wall on?