Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 PM

Default Kingdom Builder by Donald X. Vaccarino (Universal)

I am surprised nobody mentions this already. I read this over BGG and well. Initial reports say it crashes and the online part is not through GC..

Your thoughts please.

Last edited by LordGek; 10-24-2013 at 09:40 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 01:18 AM

Look great I like online game !
Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

Well ... this is a real good board game an I am glad that somebody made an iPad Version ... but ... I think, they had the plan to bring it before x-Mas into the AppStore ...

After rebooting I had no crashes on my iPad Mini but there seems to be one bug in the rule implementation! And the Tutorial is not the best ... if you don't know the real game at all you will be left with open questions ...

If they will fix the bugs it is a great deal and a must have for board game fans ...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Yeah, the first impressions over BGG are not that positive. I'll wait till it's properly ironed out before buying.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:22 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Ok, so the tutorial is horrible. No doubt about that. However, the rules are very simple, and can be picked up relatively easily. This isn't an excuse...there really is no reason why a board game app should be released with so little help, but other than that, I've really enjoyed this. This is more to do with the actual gameplay than the app features. The UI isn't the greatest, the animations are bare bones, etc. but I still have no regrets at all about buying this because the game is FUN. I've never played the original, but I got the hang of the basics after three games. The games are very quick as well which is a plus. I'd say each game lasts around 5 minutes. There are a number of reports of slow animations, etc. on BGG, but I haven't run into any. I'm pretty happy with this all things considered, although there is a lot of room for polish.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Ok, so the tutorial is horrible. No doubt about that. However, the rules are very simple, and can be picked up relatively easily. This isn't an excuse...there really is no reason why a board game app should be released with so little help, but other than that, I've really enjoyed this. This is more to do with the actual gameplay than the app features. The UI isn't the greatest, the animations are bare bones, etc. but I still have no regrets at all about buying this because the game is FUN. I've never played the original, but I got the hang of the basics after three games. The games are very quick as well which is a plus. I'd say each game lasts around 5 minutes. There are a number of reports of slow animations, etc. on BGG, but I haven't run into any. I'm pretty happy with this all things considered, although there is a lot of room for polish.
Could you please tell us on which machine you played it? No crashes?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:36 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Sorry for the full quote, but: Very well written! I have to agree 100%! And at least at Single Player mode I had no crashes! And the AI is well done!
I am sure, the developer will update this game ... with some polish it is a real gem!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
but there seems to be one bug in the rule implementation!
What is the bug in the rules implementation? Incorrectly following the rules is a deal killer for me, but hopefully they fix this.

This is by the folks that made the unofficial Dominion app, right?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
What is the bug in the rules implementation? Incorrectly following the rules is a deal killer for me, but hopefully they fix this.
It will let you play a location ability on the same turn you picked it up. The location tiles are a little hazy compared to everything else. Yes, they go to fix it.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:06 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
This is by the folks that made the unofficial Dominion app, right?
Nope, that was Hammer Technology; this is an official app from Queen Games.