Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Soccer Puzzle League - A new breed of Match 3 game (Universal)

LITE version: http://bit.ly/Uh3HwR

★★★★★
iPhoneGlance: "5/5 stars...You will love this app, go ahead grab it now."

LittleStarApps: "5/5 stars...I recommend this game to everyone!"

ShineApp: "5/5 stars...one of the most well-cared and well-designed games."

iFanZine: "4.5/5 stars...this game has sucked me in."

AppTiled: "4.5/5 stars...beautiful graphics, an amazing gameplay and with hours fun."

TheiPhoneAppReview: "4/5 stars...check out this app pronto. It’s a lot of fun."

91mobiles: "4/5 stars...is a must have game for the fans of match 3 games."

Apps400: "4/5 stars...unique concept, addictive gameplay..."

AppLatter: "4/5 stars...innovative, smart and definitely an unparalleled one."

AppPicker: "...innovative, creative, and addictive little game."

TheAppleBites: "...a superb mix of addictive gameplay and great graphics."

Tapscape: "8.5/10...definitely give Soccer Puzzle League a try!"

AppStoreArcade: "The Bottom Line: 7.5/10 (Good)...easily one of the better ones."

AppAdvice: "I recommend this to fans of TCGs (trading card games)..."

TouchArcade Forum moderator (Tim Jordan): "4/5...it has me hooked hard."

iTunes (Mishcast): "Unique and highly addicting."
★★★★★

Soccer Puzzle League - A new breed of Match-3 game

Combining Soccer, Strategy, RPG and Match-3 element in 1 game.

Test your skills with numerous opponents in various difficulty levels!

★FEATURES★
● 3 Divisions with a total of 18 teams to test your skills
● 150 equipments to buy and upgrade
● 23 achievements to unlock
● 16 active and passive skills to learn and upgrade
● 20+ opponent's skills to challenge even the most experienced players
● 9 unique opponent's ball scoring chances
● 6 levels of difficulty in Challenge Mode
● Auto-save feature

Available NOW! Enjoy!

Gameplay Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Trailer Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by btantra; 01-24-2013 at 07:51 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

I tried the Lite version and this looks to be a bit of a different match 3 game with strategic elements and depth. The game play has some similarities to Dungeon Raid, with both offensive and defensive elements. You can also use a turn to collect coins. Some differences are that a "match" has a fixed number of turns and you are trying to wear down your computer opponent's defenses to score goals. You win a match by having a better score then the opponent.

It is interesting. I expect I will go for the full version.

Last edited by slewis7; 12-05-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I tried the Lite version and this looks to be a bit of a different match 3 game with strategic elements and depth. It is interesting. I expect I will go for the full version.
Yeah, that review actually gave a good overview. A lot like Dungeon Raid or War Games, trying to keep various resources in balance while being able to negate the occasional nasty tiles your opponent drops in (the AI isn't really playing the same game you are, they simply drop in nasty soccer balls you need to defuse with enough kick resources or else, once their timer expires, it will knock down your defenses by the amount indicated).

The free version does give a pretty decent taste and I kind of like the game's Exp/Cash systems (which I'm sure can be augmented by IAP).

In the main game you're working your way up the leagues by slugging it out in a series of tougher and tougher matches vs. AI opponents as you earn cash (to buy stat boosting equipment) and gain levels (also add to stats as well as gain skills). I particularly like how your end game exp is calculated as it is based on simply goals scored as well as bonuses for certain feats being achieved in the last match (like a clean sheet or a blow out).

In the Challenge mode you're essentially gambling with game credits. You need to pay up front and if you win you'll get many times the amount plus a chance at a free piece of equipment (as far as I can tell no experience is gained in the Challenges, just the potential for cash).

3.5/5 (good game but, while not too unreasonable, still a bit of an IAP driven game, at least the equipment bought appears to be permanent, not something you need to "re-purchase" each match like typical boosts in IAP games).

Last edited by LordGek; 12-05-2012 at 10:57 AM..
Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
(as far as I can tell no experience is gained in the Challenges, just the potential for cash).

3.5/5 (good game but, while not too unreasonable, still a bit of an IAP driven game, at least the equipment bought appears to be permanent, not something you need to "re-purcahse" each match like typical boosts in IAP games).

You are right. No experience is gained in the Challenge mode. Thank you for the review of the game. Really appreciate it.

During the development when we try to balance the game, we do purposefully make it so that some grinding is required in the latter levels. I guess we though level grinding is part of an RPG game anyways

Here's a gameplay tip:
"Do you know that you can change the number of rounds to play in battle? You can toggle between 45, 60 and 90 turns in the game main menu above the Division text."
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

There certainly does seem to be some grinding required, even early on. Still, the mechanics and strategy elements are solid.

btantra - the graphics seem a bit cut off on the edges on my iPad 3. This does not have any effect on playability, but cosmetically looks bad.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
There certainly does seem to be some grinding required, even early on. Still, the mechanics and strategy elements are solid.

btantra - the graphics seem a bit cut off on the edges on my iPad 3. This does not have any effect on playability, but cosmetically looks bad.
Have you tried quitting out of the app and restarting it?

I had that happen to me as well...which was weird as it started out fine and, after quitting out and restarting the app, it was fine again.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:

Hi slewis7, can you PM me a screenshot so that I can consolidate this into our bug list and work a fix on the next update?

Thank you
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM

I have to say that Match 3’s really have been done a thousand times, but this game feels to me like it brought a fresh approach to the genre. There really seems to be a tactical and strategic type of match 3 you need to take and keeps the matches interesting and intense, not just simply matching similar type icons.

At first I thought it was just the sports theme but the more I played, the more I realized the game was growing on me and sucking me in. Don’t get me wrong, I think adding a sports theme to the match 3 genre is actually a really smart move and surprised no one else has done that before (have they? And if so, let me know which ones because I’d love to check those out).

I dunno, just felt the need to sing the praise of this game as it’s not often a match 3 game offers anything new these days and I’m glad I stumbled onto this one
Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Is there any help screen in the game which explains what the various ball types do? There needs to be an explanation somewhere.

I continue to really enjoy this game!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

slewis7, please visit our facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/SoccerPuzzleLeague for more information and exclusive gameplay tip. Tip #3 covers your question