Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-05-2012, 10:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Marketing Tips?

A friend and I have been working an a game for just over a year - we've put a LOT of effort into it. It's going to be in the store one week from today. I'd like to say we're pretty good artist-designer-programmers, but don't have much of a clue when it comes to marketing. We've spent a lot of time on the trailer, screenshots and the like, but beyond just posting on forums and submitting to blogs I'm not too sure what else to do. Any have suggestions?

Here is a trailer and screenshots for reference:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Use the social media... facebook, twitter, pinterest, instagram, reddit, 9gag. Try guest posts on android/iphone blogs.

Is it free?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryfrodo View Post
Use the social media... facebook, twitter, pinterest, instagram, reddit, 9gag. Try guest posts on android/iphone blogs.
Is it free?
Thanks angry frodo. We've got the facebook and twitters covered. Also did reddit (IndieGaming), which helped a bit. I'll check out 9gag. Been meaning to hit up pinterest, but haven't yet. Good tips.

The game is free... which includes the first 10 levels. The next 40 are an IAP. Hopefully that will help things.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:45 PM

Default App Marketing

Looks like a fun game!!!

www.appepic.com has great promotion options for apps, maybe you can get your new game reviewed and posted on their sites and social media pages (just $50!) this way you can tap into an already existing following and fanbase. They also offer custom campaigns not on their site, had to contact for info.

Good luck!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:11 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z444 View Post
Looks like a fun game!!!

www.appepic.com has great promotion options for apps

Good luck!
Thanks! By the way, you might want to fix that link on your homepage, where it says "developers click here." "Click here" is a broken link.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:15 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I would suggest if you could contact different app review sites. ManiacDev has compiled 100+ list of app review sites here: http://maniacdev.com/2012/05/ios-app-review-sites/

Also, make sure you pitch your app nicely to them. Suggest you read an interview with Erica Sadun and download a sample pitch on App Design Vault here: http://www.appdesignvault.com/erica-...ect-interview/

Hope it helps!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:13 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

My response is always, "Make a great game first." It looks like you guys have already done that. This looks very polished and professional, good job.

The trailer's first thirty second is twenty seconds too long in my opinion. I would even venture as far as saying cut out the whole beginning and get to the game as soon as possible. I can see what you're trying to do with the poking thing and how it's applicable to your game, it's cute but you have 4-5 seconds before you lose your audience. You gotta hook them as soon as possible and getting to the game is the best way in my opinion.

I really like the double touch trampoline creation mechanism. It's clever and looks like a lot of fun. Focus on that as much as possible for your marketing. That's what separates you from all other cute bouncy animal games on the App Store.

I would also say that 10 levels for free is too much. I'm not sure how long it would take someone to finish a level on your game but from my experience you want to give them a taste, anything more takes away from making a sale. Then again I don't know how long your levels are and what would be a 'taste'.

That's all I can think of right now but I think you have a hit on your hands. Good luck!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to igalic

I agree about the trailer. It's a cool idea, but if I didn't find the trailer on this forum, I'd just close the video far before I got to gameplay. Overall video length is good, but if you consider the double-finger poking important for the trailer, try interleaving it with actual gameplay, instead of having that 30s intro where I'm wondering what this all is about. The game looks cool, play that card first.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:09 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by igalic View Post
...where I'm wondering what this all is about. The game looks cool, play that card first.
Thanks. We were definitely going for "wondering what this all is about..." though it is a fine line between that and losing people. Hopefully our new version will address this to a certain extent.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:16 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default New Trailer

If anyone is interested, here is our final trailer with the edits I talked about... based on your feedback.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up