App description: OVER 3 MILLION PLAYERS AND COUNTING!

*****Limited-time offer: Start the game now to receive a special warrior from a past event! Players will also receive $3 worth of items absolutely free.

In a world of squares, somebody needs to think outside the box

A high-fantasy adventure with a twist, "D.O.T." is set in Texel, an 8-bit retro universe in dire need of a champion. In this exciting new RPG from Mobage, the player is transported through a mobile game into a world that has no concept of death or war, and is being torn apart by sinister robotic invaders. Only your skills as a commander can save the three tribes of Texel, and open the portal back to your own reality.

* Unique graphics that combine 2D pixel and 3D block art with dazzling effects
* Characters that transform through fusion
* Power-ups through character and gear customization
* An epic story set in a distant universe, with the musical score to match!
* New characters and areas, continuously added in always-free updates!
* Intuitive battle formations, created with grid-based swipe action!

What Others Are Saying About D.O.T.

5 STAR Ive been through a lot of rpg apps this is hands down the best Ive come across yet.
5 STAR This game is just fantastic! Its easy to figure out and a great way to pass some time.
5 STAR Great game reminds me of the good old days of gaming.
5 STAR If you are a fan of strategic old school rpgs, this is the game for you!

*Connect with other gamers on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DefenderofTexel. Check out more games at www.mobage.com, and follow us @Mobage on Twitter to get the latest news, deals, and help on our games.

Sanuku's comments:

12-08-2012, 03:45 PM

Update:

Server Issues were fixed over Night. The Game should work now without any Major Troubles.

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-09-2012 at 03:47 AM.

12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
does this game requires constant internet connection?

Currently Playing: IMPLOSION, MHFU, FFRK
Waiting For: any game that can beat MHFU awesomeness!!
GC Account: chaos_envoys Feel free to add me ^^
Anti Always-On DRM for single player game!!!!
12-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Never have I been happy and disappointed in such quick succession! All it took was half a scroll down to see Sanuku's screenshot. xD

GC: Banana Fractions. Add me if you play Subway Surfers and other "Endless" games .
12-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
Never have I been happy and disappointed in such quick succession! All it took was half a scroll down to see Sanuku's screenshot. xD
LOL... now that i read your post, i realized i felt the same way.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-08-2012, 06:25 PM
I really like this, absolutely love the pixel and block art. Played through one quest so far, a lot of fun.
12-08-2012, 06:36 PM
On the tutorial it failed to connect to network twice. Once I finished the tutorial it crashed on my first real quest. xD

GC: Banana Fractions. Add me if you play Subway Surfers and other "Endless" games .
12-08-2012, 07:37 PM
music and graphics seem great, and so does the gameplay. but it crashed right after i dismissed the "you've completed the tutorial!" message and now it always crashes on startup. tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game...stuck at the same part and crashed. :\

also, the appstore reviews look a lot like shills. lots of 3 or 4 word five star reviews with "good game", "fun rpg", etc.

i'm a pretty kitty cat

Last edited by SkyMuffin; 12-08-2012 at 07:40 PM.
12-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Probably mobage developers doing those reviews, definitely shills.
12-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I have one played to the first boss but I have not encountered any issues. IPad 2 newest os.