Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-09-2012, 12:03 AM

Default Dragon Up (by East Side Games) - NOW WORLDWIDE!

I'm a developer at East Side Games and Dragon Up, the game we've been working on just went live in the Canadian app store and we're looking for feedback!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

We're a small indie team and we've got lots more features planned, but I'd love to get some player feedback on where we are at.

Dragon Up is definitely inspired by Tiny Tower at it's core. That was the game that changed a lot of our opinions of freemium games for the better.

Thanks!

Last edited by Echoseven; 02-06-2013 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: adding video link
Old 12-09-2012, 01:21 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

It isn't live on the other app stores...
Old 12-09-2012, 04:35 AM

Sorry rks, just Canada for now, but I'll update the thread as we go live in more territories!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 PM

Just figured out how to inline the app details. Thanks Sanuku!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 PM
iPhone 4

I just tried it and got up to the quest where I have to make my second dragon. First off, I gotta say that the artwork is amazing! I love the colourful and quirky tone to the game. As for gameplay, I haven't played enough to say anything constructive but so far I do see the Tiny Tower influences but it seems different enough that I might stick around for a bit.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Awesome! Thanks for playing!

We're working on getting a more robust quest system and also adding friends for gifting.

Stay tuned!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

This game is jam packed with cheeky silly humour, I got a dragon called the Slumpy RickRoller: The Newbie Dragon. The animations and graphics are so cute and witty, I found myself laughing at random moments in the game. I can't wait to get all the dragons.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:33 AM
iPhone 4

just got this game today. so far the game is keeping me interested. i really like the art style of the dragons. but some things where hard to understand from the missions. maybe i didnt read well enough. lol

1. what happens when you put a treasure of the correct color to a dragon?
2. where can i find out how much xp and hearts i need to level up? i see the bars but no numbers.
3. i didnt know you could choose quests until i read about it in this thread. everytime my dragon was ready to fly i just tapped the suitcase above his head. maybe i missed this in the tuturial?

thanks for any help. keep up the great work!!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjarus View Post
just got this game today. so far the game is keeping me interested. i really like the art style of the dragons. but some things where hard to understand from the missions. maybe i didnt read well enough. lol

1. what happens when you put a treasure of the correct color to a dragon?
2. where can i find out how much xp and hearts i need to level up? i see the bars but no numbers.
3. i didnt know you could choose quests until i read about it in this thread. everytime my dragon was ready to fly i just tapped the suitcase above his head. maybe i missed this in the tuturial?

thanks for any help. keep up the great work!!
1a. Same colored treasures give double the heart boost.
1b. A dragon's dream treasure gives 3x the hearts, and you get some gems as a bonus for equipping a dream treasure.

2. You don't need hearts to level up. Hearts are a dragon's energy source that is expended for questing and recovered by resting. Hearts are determined by the treasures equipped to the dragon.

The other bar is the XP, but no there is no number, just have to go by the bar's percentage.

3. I think the tutorial actually instructs you to tap the dragon and hit the quest button. The suitcase icon is a new addition I believe. But a level 1 dragon only has one quest, so hitting the button still just sends him off until it hits level 2 and the list is available.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:52 AM

I agree with the previous posts on the nice little touches added to the game and dragons. I would like to see a kind of info book for all the dragons. A page on each that says common, rare ect and maybe just a little bio or info on the dragon.

I know it's not really needed but would be a nice touch.