Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-10-2012, 12:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Deepworld 2D sandbox adventure MMO (Now universal)

Deepworld is a massively-multiplayer crafting adventure! Explore, fight, and build in a post-apocalyptic steampunk wasteland alongside friends and strangers alike. Jump into the persistent online world from iPhone, iPad, or Mac and pick up playing right where you left off!

** Newly launched on iPhone and iPod Touch! **

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by mklaurence; 03-08-2013 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: iPhone launch
Old 12-11-2012, 10:58 AM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

The Tutorial should definitly get overworked because it`s currently a mess
Old 12-11-2012, 11:52 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
The Tutorial should definitly get overworked because it`s currently a mess
We've seen an issue with the candle crafting - some users aren't starting with the right ingredients.

Was there anything else specific with the tutorial that you didn't like?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:37 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I haven't got a chance to play since im in US but looks pretty cool
Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

So far I am fairly impressed. It's a MMO on mobile with good controls, depth, features and its Free-to-Play but has very inoffensive IAP.

I have vastly preferred Junk Jack to Minecraft Pocket and Deepworld is more like Junk Jack, but still quite original.

The worlds are not massive but there's so many of them and you can create your own. What's awesome is that you can choose to keep your own world cutoff as a private haven or open it so friends and travelers can see it. You can get guardians to protect it from being pillaged by visitors or leave it as a Wild West setting.

The graphics look impressive on my iPad mini, with cool lighting effects and animations. Your character has a jet pack to help him move about easily and the floating controls make this really work well on a touch screen.

The UI is nice and does a good job at avoiding clutter. The inventory and expanded world info are easy to access while floating text allows you to keep in a conversation without totally blocking out portions of the screen. The quick access tool kit, general info on your character and location are also up on the screen at all times.

There's a huge variety of items, resources, crafting recipes and best of all tons of different mobs. They are drawn well and actually look fairly menacing as they creep out of the dark after you. Also since the game takes place in a post apocalyptic setting, there is dangerous weather to contend with in the form of acid rain. Worlds you venture in to may be blanketed in it but you can build filters to reduce or eliminate the hazard. Until then you must take cover. The worlds that are generated have all kinds of things to discover and make simply exploring worth the experience.

The dialogue is humourous and you can tell that this game has a lot of love put into it. Hope to see more Touch Arcade members in there. It's definitely a gem in my book.

Last edited by Unfrozen; 12-13-2012 at 03:26 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 11:57 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for the great review!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfrozen View Post
So far I am fairly impressed. It's a MMO on mobile with good controls, depth, features and its Free-to-Play but very inoffensive IAP.