Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:16 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Dungeon Plunder - Old-school Isometric Dungeon Crawling RPG

Dungeon Plunder is a roguelike dungeon-crawler with an isometric view.

Update: The game will be released on March 6!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

So excited to have finally finished my first game ever.. Here's a rundown of the main features:

** Full randomization of overland and underground maps **

Every game offers a different environment with a beautiful and diverse scenery, 90+ different monsters and bosses to defeat, ensuring several hours of replayability. Everything is rendered in classic yet crisp looking isometric style graphics.

** A fun and engaging combat system **

Gone are the days of mindless tap tap until the mob dies with Dungeon Plunder. Combats are based on a pseudo-slots machine designed from the grounds up to be easily played on a mobile device: both your thumbs will quickly select symbols defining your battle moves for that round followed by a respin phase.

There's also a cooldowns management aspect: burn them too early or hold on them for too long may cost your life.

** 3 character classes with distinct abilities and playing styles **

At launch the Warrior, Mage and Rogue will be available to play with more to come. Each of them is different enough to play through the game several times.

** Skill points distribution on level up and many equipment slots to manage **

I like RPGs with lots of equipment slots and skills customization so I shaped up Dungeon Plunder to be that way: every time you level up you will have 5 points to distribute among several different skills improving various aspect of your fighting abilities and your character has 11 equipment slots to upgrade

** An extensive legacy system **

Roguelikes are typically merciless when you die. Dungeon Plunder is no exception but there's a twist: you will leave an inheritance to your next character such as gold, some of your old magical items and life scrolls that can heal you mid-fight.

You may even unlock higher starting levels for future characters of your class and earn the ability to scribe legacy runes: mysterious stones that provide buffs shared among all your future characters.

** Full game center integration **

40 achievements and 8 leader boards should keep you busy for a while with more to come in future updates.

** 8 Orchestral music tracks **

High quality music suited to your surroundings will accompany your travel enhancing your game playing experience. The album will also be available for download on iTunes.

** Save the world! **

Ultimately you will confront an evil archmage conjuring an ice age: the environment will be covered progressively in ice and snow as you travel the perilous lands.

** Universal game and widescreen support **

Dungeon Plunder is a universal game with full support of the widescreen iPhone5 and iPod Touch 5th generation.

** Launch promo for a limited time **

As an early adopter your copy will be tagged as an Heroic Edition and you will be rewarded with an intermediate legacy rune of your choice providing a bonus to all your characters right as you start! Choose wisely!

I will update with the release date as soon as it's been determined.

Last edited by DungeonPlunder; 03-01-2013 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Trailer is up
Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default old school RPG

It's looks old school role playing game, and I always love classic RPG game.
I will try it~
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Hello,

Here's the latest on Dungeon Plunder:
  • I completed the random outdoor and dungeon map generation.
  • The last 5 levels and ending sequence are in the game so it can now be completed.
  • 39 new creatures types were added (24 level 16-20 and 15 additional for levels 1-15).
  • Several high quality orchestral tracks were integrated.

I will prepare an update for the testers this weekend.

Also of note: all the graphics are being redone atm in an higher resolution - here's a quick sample so you can compare with the earlier shots:

I had 2 icons made for the game and am really debating which one I will go with - your opinion?

vs
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I prefer the first icon; although the second icon is interesting. Also the details of the second icon might be lost when icon size.

The high resolution artwork looks nice. The Dungeon Plunder art design seems top notch.

Edit: With the second icon would it even be possible to see the eyes in icon size?

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-23-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Having never played the game, I prefer the 2nd icon.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I agree. I get the hobbit feeling with type one, but type two looks very intriguing.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:09 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Update: The game has been submited to Apple!

So excited to have finally finished my first game ever.. Here's a rundown of the main features:

** Full randomization of overland and underground maps **

Every game offers a different environment with a beautiful and diverse scenery, 90+ different monsters and bosses to defeat, ensuring several hours of replayability. Everything is rendered in classic yet crisp looking isometric style graphics.

** A fun and engaging combat system **

Gone are the days of mindless tap tap until the mob dies with Dungeon Plunder. Combats are based on a pseudo-slots machine designed from the grounds up to be easily played on a mobile device: both your thumbs will quickly select symbols defining your battle moves for that round followed by a respin phase.

There's also a cooldowns management aspect: burn them too early or hold on them for too long may cost your life.

** 3 character classes with distinct abilities and playing styles **

At launch the Warrior, Mage and Rogue will be available to play with more to come. Each of them is different enough to play through the game several times.

** Skill points distribution on level up and many equipment slots to manage **

I like RPGs with lots of equipment slots and skills customization so I shaped up Dungeon Plunder to be that way: every time you level up you will have 5 points to distribute among several different skills improving various aspect of your fighting abilities and your character has 11 equipment slots to upgrade

** An extensive legacy system **

Roguelikes are typically merciless when you die. Dungeon Plunder is no exception but there's a twist: you will leave an inheritance to your next character such as gold, some of your old magical items and life scrolls that can heal you mid-fight.

You may even unlock higher starting levels for future characters of your class and earn the ability to scribe legacy runes: mysterious stones that provide buffs shared among all your future characters.

** Full game center integration **

40 achievements and 8 leader boards should keep you busy for a while with more to come in future updates.

** 8 Orchestral music tracks **

High quality music suited to your surroundings will accompany your travel enhancing your game playing experience. The album will also be available for download on iTunes.

** Save the world! **

Ultimately you will confront an evil archmage conjuring an ice age: the environment will be covered progressively in ice and snow as you travel the perilous lands.

** Universal game and widescreen support **

Dungeon Plunder is a universal game with full support of the widescreen iPhone5 and iPod Touch 5th generation.

** Launch promo for a limited time **

As an early adopter your copy will be tagged as an Heroic Edition and you will be rewarded with an intermediate legacy rune of your choice providing a bonus to all your characters right as you start! Choose wisely!

I'll work on a trailer in the upcoming days and will update with the release date as soon as it's been determined. If you have any questions about the game fire away.

Last edited by DungeonPlunder; 02-23-2013 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-23-2013, 05:44 PM

awesome!! cant wait. looks great
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Congrats! Looking forward to it!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Holy crap how have I missed this until now? Insta buy.

How much will it cost?

Closed Thread