Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Midnight Star [Unreal Engine/Shooter] by Industrial Toys

Set 120 years into our future, Morning Star takes players aboard the MSRV-Joplin, a research vessel newly outfitted with military weaponry to explore a mysterious signal coming from within our Solar System. When inevitable disaster strikes, they’re transported across the cosmos to take part in an epic war that is not their own to undo a bunch of awfulness that goes down.

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Quick details: Sci-fi shooter, UE3, Spring 2013.

Last edited by defred34; 12-11-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Old 12-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Dev here-- the press release went out in the UK a little early, sorry! The site will go live at 5a PT/1P GMT, so please check back (you're probably seeing it password protected right now). Teaser trailer, screens, etc.

Anxious to hear your feedback...
Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewzrd View Post
Dev here-- the press release went out in the UK a little early, sorry! The site will go live at 5a PT/1P GMT, so please check back (you're probably seeing it password protected right now). Teaser trailer, screens, etc.

Anxious to hear your feedback...
That is great! Even better to have you here. To be frank, I liked your Facebook page right from day one, and have been following the development closely. Will update the original post with screens and teaser video. If you have anything else to share with us (pricing, content, controls, story) please do!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Very much appreciate that. We've been chomping at the bit to share. We have some details that will hit with the site launch, but I'll be here for discussion right after (I gotta catch some zzzz's - we're in LA and tomorrow's going to be crazy. I'd really like to get reactions from you then and talk through what we're trying to do. If you're following us on Facebook, you've seen that part of what we want to do is incorporate feedback AS we develop rather than afterward.

See you in a few hours!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Is it on rails ? The trailer makes it look like it is.

Last edited by killercow; 12-11-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

More about game and new screens in hir: http://www.idow.ru/upcoming-ios/651-...ning-star.html
Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Oh, the dev (thewzrd) here is Mr. Tim Harris - founder and president of Industrial Toys. Nice to see you here, Tim!

I don't think this is an on-rail shooter. Industrial Toys said that their games are for hard-core gamers, and hard-core gamers never play on-rail shooters. Mr. Alex Seropian - CEO of Industrial Toys - also doesn't like that genre of shooter games. Therefore, I think Morning Star is not an on-rail shooter, but it has an innovative method of control. That's why Industrial Toys said this game would reimagine shooter games for mobile!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

My guess would be some form of camera motion detection with swipe.

The single player in Halo franchise has never been very good. I'll have to wait and see.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:51 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 3.x

Default Hey every 1

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today on the Internetz, Industrial Toys announced Morning Star, the first adventure in their ambitious Morning Star universe, set to be released in Spring 2013 for iOS devices.

The game is a complete reimagining of the science fiction shooter, combining pillars of the genre such as deep immersion and intense action with controls, community and competitive multiplayer specifically designed for mobile platforms.

Last edited by zeeshan; 02-06-2013 at 12:29 AM..