★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: by Stefan Schmitt and Ben Jelter -YOUR HOMEWORLD HAS BEEN DESTROYED- Your remaining motherships are the only way to guarantee the survival of your species. Collect resources to build ships for epic space battles.

"has the same 'one more turn oh god one more turn' hook that its grander siblings on the PC have" -KOTAKU

Also featured on Space Sector!

Sidius Nova is a strategy game designed from the ground up to provide a deep and satisfying experience on your iOS device.

Play as the last humans alive or an alien armada.

Earn new ships as you play! Conquer entire galaxies and expand your fleet by researching new units. New units dramatically expand the gameplay by offering new defensive and offensive strategies.

Follow @sidiusnova on twitter to find out more and give us feedback!

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

12-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by TouchArcade Bot View Post

12-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah...noticed rhis game and started the thread...has anyone tried this? What with my limited device space, I haven't had a chance; I figure someone will TOFTT considering the price
12-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Yeah...noticed rhis game and started the thread...has anyone tried this? What with my limited device space, I haven't had a chance; I figure someone will TOFTT considering the price
Ok well I'm on it
12-14-2012, 03:59 PM
The screen shots are real I don't know if its a port or not but yea there's stratgey but to me a bit confusing
12-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Saw this on Kotaku and the app reviews looks good. Sounds like its a 4x lite. :-)
Haven't tried it yet..but I'll try it later tonight...
12-15-2012, 03:02 AM
It's a combination of a sort of board game for moving units around and making new ones from the resources you get from the planets you've claimed and the actual battles are basically like Plants vs Zombies.

I'm not really sure what verdict to give it yet. I definitely wouldn't call it a 4x though, lite or otherwise. It's based around explicit missions and the research you do is done from the main menu and is just a matter of unlocking features that you'd always have access to later rather than something you have to budget on the fly.

I do like the fact that it adds another layer on top of the often-tread battle system.
12-15-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm finding this quite fun so far.
The AI needs improving though - the enemy just attacked a group of my units (which only contained a fighter) with their mothership (which cannot attack). It was quite a wait, watching the fighter slowly chip away at the mothership's health, but unsurprisingly the fighter won...
In battles with normal amounts of ships the AI behaves sensibly though.
12-15-2012, 09:54 PM
This game is amazing and addictive. Amazing soundtrack. Easy to pick up gameplay that becomes more complex as you unlock more ship options.

You could call it a 4x lite because it definetly has the explore expand exploit exterminate. But simplified for portable play. Resource gathering and production is consolidated into a single mobile unit (but later in the game your mother ship can be in more than one place at once with the use of warp gates). You are also limited to 3 moves a turn which adds some tough decisions to the grand strategy.

The actual battles are a lane RTS where you deploy your various ships in one of five lanes. Each ship type is on a timer a la PvZ. At first you only have 3 ship types that are in a rock paper scissors interaction. But more ship types can be unlocked that break out of this chain.

The visual style, sound effects, and interface are all well polished. But the real standout is the soundtrack - it's worth playing just for the soundtrack. Haunting and epic. Reminds me of inception a bit.
12-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Yeah..I'm not a big 4x person but I see some simplified signs of it. You explore and gather resources (using a simplified system). You build different types of ships and can split up your fleet. The combat feels like these "castle defense" games (like Lengendary Wars) with multiple lanes.

There's more ships and other things to unlock via in game credits you earn, whether you win or lose. There's no IAP at all, even for the normal shortcut impatient variety. For me, the best thing is each game is so short (5-10 minutes for my games) that I don't mind losing and not feel like having "wasted" a bunch of time.

The only thing I wish is a fast forward button on the battle screen, especially when I know I'm going to lose. Otherwise..fun game! I'm not a big fan of 4x games, but this is one of the few that I really enjoy and want to try another game after I Irish the current one, win or lose. Especially for a free game, no reason not to give it a try! :-)

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?

Last edited by tops2; 12-15-2012 at 11:49 PM.