App description: HALF PRICE to celebrate the launch of THE SHADOW PROPHECY Expansion!!

A unique game of strategic matching and RPG battling!

Place, match and thwack your way through dozens of gorgeous retro-style levels, a variety of game-modes and special hand-crafted scenarios.

** This game has ZERO consumable In-App-Purchases! - Just a pure gaming experience! **

"you shouldn't miss this game" - 4.5/5 - Touch Arcade
"We highly recommend Pixel Defenders Puzzle three times over." - 4/4 - Slide To Play
"With loads of game modes, achievements and levels this is one of the best puzzle-strategy games in the App Store." - 4.5/5 - TouchGen
"Clever and great value game" - 4/5 - The Sunday Times
"this is much more than just another match-three puzzler." - 8/10 - EuroGamer

Pixel Defenders Puzzle is an innovative hybrid of match-3-puzzler and RPG-battler. Match pixels to create Defenders and protect princesses, kings & queens from waves of fiendish enemies!

Strategically build a force of heroes to battle evil foes!
Test your wits in specially designed puzzle stages!
Take on endless hoards of enemies in the action-packed Assault Mode!
Put your skills to the test in Endless Mode: no enemies, just unlimited pixels to match and build your high score!
64 Achievements, and global high-score leaderboards!
Face the ultimate challenge of the final boss battle!

Vovin's comments:

Game trailer:

Tutorial play-through:

... wait, what? Retro-fantasy-combat-match 3?

Instabuy!!
12-15-2012, 03:11 PM
This one looks good! Looking forward to hearing some impressions..

12-15-2012, 03:13 PM
WOAH... wtf?

This looks fantastic. After a brilliant explained tutorial, a retro-music and retro-graphics gem is awaiting you, a mixture of Tiny Town and Match-3 elements, a deep strategic Match-3 with tactical RPG combat sequences is awaiting you. This is really unique and new. This looks and feels like a gem like 10000000.
Puzzle fans shouldn't miss this!!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
12-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
WOAH... wtf?

This looks fantastic. After a brilliant explained tutorial, a retro-music and retro-graphics gem is awaiting you, a mixture of Tiny Town and Match-3 elements, a deep strategic Match-3 with tactical RPG combat sequences is awaiting you. This is really unique and new. This looks and feels like a gem like 10000000.
Puzzle fans shouldn't miss this!!
Magnificent game! Definitely agree with what Vovin has said

Will leave my review and impressions soon!
12-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, we have here definitely Game of the Week Material in front of us...
12-15-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm likely to buy it on all of your recommendations alone, but short of doing so, based on the description and screenshots I can't quite tell what sort of game this is.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
12-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
What is this exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
I'm likely to buy it on all of your recommendations alone, but short of doing so, based on the description and screenshots I can't quite tell what sort of game this is.
Just a few more Minutes. I`m uploading the Tutorial as we speak and will record some Minutes of the first Quest...

12-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Guess I'll probably buy this. All the big games, deep games, etc. I never end up playing. Partly due to the small screen size. This is embarrassing but I probably play Homerun Battle 2 more than anything else. :dodges rocks:

I saw this early this morning, but didn't know if it was a good game or someone just had access to clean pixel-art.
12-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Be careful. Pixels are being overworked and underpaid. It won't be long before they unionize and go on strike. How many games do they have work in a single shift these days?
12-15-2012, 09:08 PM
This is Triple Town with a RPG spin. Don't bother thinking about it, just buy it.

There is IAP but it is minor and is more about being able to buy more of the special blocks. Not necessary to play the game at all and you earn them by just winning levels too.

Note for iPad users, it doesn't use the entire iPad display area. It is still native, but clearly hasnt been fully scaled to take advantage of it. Not even close to a gripe considering how good this game is.

Twitter: mikelorant
Game Center: mikelorant