Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 AM

Default Elements Defender by iJoy Group

Dear TouchArcade,

Now we would like to introduce a new 3D game called "Elements Defender" powered by self-developed engine.

Elements Defender is now AVAILABLE on the app store. GRAB IT!!!

iTunes link:

Paid:
(No ADs+ SURPRISE GIFT)

Free: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/elements-defender-3d-for-free/id575787227?mt=8

It is a 3D tower defense+ARPG game. Some says it looks like TORCH LIGHT, some says it looks like ORCS MUST DIE. Neither!! We are a big fan of Torch Light and Orcs must Die. Maybe our game is not as great as those games. BUT we are trying our best to bring more contents, updates and making the game better.

What do you say?

"Elements Defender" coming soon trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Features:

★★ Stunning Gameplay and Graphics
-- Gorgeous graphic powered by our SELF-DEVELOPED 3D engine.

-- Terrific visual graphics and special shadow effects.

★★ Tower Defense + RPG Mechanics

-- 5 Chapters to choose from: Sanctuary Hallway, NightStone Town, Academy Hall. Central Plaza and Lost Mine.

-- 16 Upgradeable Magic weapons with 3 kinds of magic: FIRE, ICE AND LIGHT.

-- Activate the towers all over the corners to help defeat the monsters and bosses

-- Pick up coins and Earn free crystals

★★ In-Depth Strategy

-- Use 6 functional POTIONS to help defend the CRYSTAL

-- Set up TRAPS to kill massive monsters.

-- Collect and feed your PETS! They can fight with you!

-- Swap between weapons to defeat different monsters.

-- Unlock the CHALLENGE MODE to see how long you can survive and to earn more coins

-- Get FREE CRYSTALS every 10 minutes to upgrade your items.

If you like Elements Defender, rate us!!

Thank you for your support!!

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-18-2012 at 04:27 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 03:04 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

*This is all based on free version*
This game is beautiful. So aesthetically pleasing. Give yourselves a pat on the back. Plays like a dream on my iPad and looks top notch with no frame rate issues.
However, you need crystals to upgrade to the 3rd form of turret. Now, crystals are earned every 10 minutes, which is not a bad idea but you could easily burn though all your crystals in one single game. You could then buy crystals via IAP, but I don't feel that a consumable resource is worth paying for. Especially at the price you are asking for them. Gold drops are quite low for the price that upgrades cost. I can see this being quite grindy down the track. I think you should adjust the amount of gold that is dropped and remove the crystal cost for upgrades
At this time, due to those issues above, I don't feel this is worth $4.49 and will be sticking to the free version.
. I really look forward to seeing what you do here. I really hope you remove the crystal cost, and the need to buy them. I would assuredly pay $4.49 for this if it felt like a complete game, and not one that is IAP driven

You are off to a good start, the game is one of the best looking I have ever seen. It is a great combination of genres you have here. I will continue to play the free version as it is very enjoyable.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing how the game evolves.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:41 AM

Thank you Blarrrg for your thoughful feedback. We are a start-up studio and don't have much experience in iap setting and gameplay. BUT we will keep it up and make the game better and better. Thank you for your support. Your suggestion means a lot to us and will discuss with the team.

BTW, you download both the paid version and the free version?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:20 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I only have the free version. I will play a little more extensively and see how I go. Playing the first few levels, I was getting between 1000-2000 gold. A few missions into Nightstone Town, I really burned through my gold reserves, as there are quite a few turrets. I can only imagine what higher levels would be like.
Please don't take this as my way of saying I want oodles of gold to blow willy nilly. I want the levels to be challenging, but not so challenging I need to grind lower levels repetitively to earn gold to succeed at higher levels.
If I have to repeat lower levels a few times to build up gold that's ok, but I wouldn't want to have to do it 5+ times as I anticipate I might have to. Increasing gold gains by a factor of 0.5 would alleviate this issue.
My biggest bug bear with your product is the need to spend crystals to upgrade turrets. It's wonderful that you earn them every 10 minutes, but i don't want my lack of crystals to handicap my enjoyment.
As I said above, it is a beautiful game, and you have done a fantastic job, but I am still leery of having to pay for it and then feel like I need to buy IAP to proceed down the line.
Please continue this excellent effort.

Edit: I think as a start up studio, you set the benchmark for future devs. You have set the bar high, and by doing so, you show that new developers can make high quality titles. If all your future works are set to the standard Elements Defender is, you will go far.

2nd Edit: I highly recommend this game to all TA fans, maybe someone else can offer their view

Last edited by Blarrg; 12-17-2012 at 04:26 AM..
Old 12-17-2012, 05:25 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Dear Ivan,

Would it be possible for you guys to consider making two separate versions of the game?

One is the free version plus IAPs like currently, and the other a fully premium version with optimum balance and zero IAPs (can sell for maybe 4.99).

So this way you can cater to all audiences. Also, if you decide to do that, remove ads from the free version.

This game definitely has great potential, but clearly the IAPs will hold it back, at least from the perspective of an old school gamer.

If the above sounds like a bad idea, then at least remove crystals and just the one in game currency.

Also, if you want to have a look at a freemium game I approve of, go and download Heroes Call.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:29 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
Dear Ivan,

Would it be possible for you guys to consider making two separate versions of the game?

One is the free version plus IAPs like currently, and the other a fully premium version with optimum balance and zero IAPs (can sell for maybe 4.99).

So this way you can cater to all audiences. Also, if you decide to do that, remove ads from the free version.

This game definitely has great potential, but clearly the IAPs will hold it back, at least from the perspective of an old school gamer.

If the above sounds like a bad idea, then at least remove crystals and just the one in game currency.

Also, if you want to have a look at a freemium game I approve of, go and download Heroes Call.
I agree with you. I am actually surprised with how good the game is. But I am much more surprised with the amount of iAPs and sign-up iAPs. How I wish the paid version is just that, premium game with no iAPs.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 AM

Ok. Defred. Just now we had a heated discussion with the team. We are also thinking about making two sets of iap.

What you said is definatly not a bad idea. It is a great time. We will think about that and manage to make the game well-balanced.

Always love to hear your feedback.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarrg View Post
I only have the free version. I will play a little more extensively and see how I go. Playing the first few levels, I was getting between 1000-2000 gold. A few missions into Nightstone Town, I really burned through my gold reserves, as there are quite a few turrets. I can only imagine what higher levels would be like.
Please don't take this as my way of saying I want oodles of gold to blow willy nilly. I want the levels to be challenging, but not so challenging I need to grind lower levels repetitively to earn gold to succeed at higher levels.
If I have to repeat lower levels a few times to build up gold that's ok, but I wouldn't want to have to do it 5+ times as I anticipate I might have to. Increasing gold gains by a factor of 0.5 would alleviate this issue.
My biggest bug bear with your product is the need to spend crystals to upgrade turrets. It's wonderful that you earn them every 10 minutes, but i don't want my lack of crystals to handicap my enjoyment.
As I said above, it is a beautiful game, and you have done a fantastic job, but I am still leery of having to pay for it and then feel like I need to buy IAP to proceed down the line.
Please continue this excellent effort.

Edit: I think as a start up studio, you set the benchmark for future devs. You have set the bar high, and by doing so, you show that new developers can make high quality titles. If all your future works are set to the standard Elements Defender is, you will go far.

2nd Edit: I highly recommend this game to all TA fans, maybe someone else can offer their view
Hey. It is a really really high complement. Everytime you guys said it is great, we got inspired and highly-encouraged. That really cheers us up. We are still in OT.

Next update we will think about increase the amount of the gold drop and do something about the 3rd crystal upgrade. And will bear your 5 time repeating lower level in mind.

The reason why I asked you whether you got the paid version is that you woukd get 30gems worthed2.5dolloars and no ads. That would make the paid version more worthwhile.

Again a million thanks to your encouragement and support, suggestion. Will definately with the team.