Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default The Lords of Midnight (Universal)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-24-2012 at 05:23 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 02:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

This is all the info I need to positively say I am buying the heck out of this tonight.

Edit: Or right now, in fact. I didn't notice it was already out. I was planning on playing this on Spectaculator some time soon, but I'd much rather support developers who want to revive old classics

Last edited by MidianGTX; 12-19-2012 at 02:26 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

This was an epic in the 80s. I hope this official remake is just as good. Ill be buying this, sadly Mike Singleton who created the original and many other great 80s games passed away recently

Sadly I think the high price (in iOS terms) will put off a lot of newbies
Old 12-19-2012, 02:39 AM

Heard of it, but never played it. Will put it in the Wish List for some reason -- I have too much to play with this month!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Sadly I think the high price (in iOS terms) will put off a lot of newbies
No doubt, along with the "bad graphics", which I actually think look beautiful. This is the perfect compromise between staying true to the original style while also updating the artwork for modern platforms. Full retina too, for both iPhone and iPad.

I can't get over how good swiping to turn feels compared to the clunky control in the original, it's so smooth!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Just had a read of the introductory PDF. Even though I didn't know the guy it makes me sad knowing he didn't live to see his game brought back as majestically as he might have planned. I'm glad the game was finished though, it seems more than worthy to be a fitting tribute.

Check it out people: http://www.thelordsofmidnight.com/do...ight_guide.pdf

If the developer stumbles upon this thread: Did Mike ever give any insight to what he wanted from a sequel? Even with the odds of it happening reduced to zero I'm intrigued.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
If the developer stumbles upon this thread: Did Mike ever give any insight to what he wanted from a sequel? Even with the odds of it happening reduced to zero I'm intrigued.

Uhm? The sequel to Lords of Midnight 2: "Doomdark's Revenge" was released in 1985 and was published in 1995 by Domark as DOS version.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:57 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Just had a read of the introductory PDF. Even though I didn't know the guy it makes me sad knowing he didn't live to see his game brought back as majestically as he might have planned. I'm glad the game was finished though, it seems more than worthy to be a fitting tribute.

Check it out people: http://www.thelordsofmidnight.com/do...ight_guide.pdf

Yes, and upon his death his family handed me all his notes. I have the first two chapters of the Eye of the Moon story, and about 20 pages of design thoughts. Plus our email/IM correspondence. As soon as I have sorted out the Android release, I will take little time to post everything on the blog.

And thanks for the support!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Edit: Or right now, in fact. I didn't notice it was already out. I was planning on playing this on Spectaculator some time soon, but I'd much rather support developers who want to revive old classics
Yeah same here, i'll buy this in a mo. Again if the price was lower i think we might have more newcomers to the game.

Back in the 80's i must admit i didnt have much of a clue what was going on, just pressing keys on my Speccy, my cousin loved this and played it non stop so i used to watch him play this. Remember hearing about all the 100000's of screens this game had and it always received rave reviews. Think at the time i was 'too young' for this game and prefered quick arcade titles. Now is the time to make this right and get into it !
Old 12-19-2012, 03:26 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Absolutely majestic. On a long train journey with work today and cannot wait to play this thirty years on.