Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 PM

Default Block Earth

Old 12-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Anyone know if this is legit? Pretty small app size... But it has gotten positive reviews so far on the AppStore.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:15 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Holy crap.

Kept seeing this advertised on TA web pages and stumbled upon it during my occasion "craft/junk jack/mine/voxel" AppStore searches. Seemed much like the handful of other crappy minecraft wannabes. Until now I've stuck with minecraft and junk jack. Eden disappointed me each time and mai crafted also let me down (and wtf is with that install size lol).

Just took the plunge on this, I swear it surprised the shit outta me. I'm playing it on my iPad mini just in case there's a difference between devices, but it looks hella good. The draw distance is staggering, I just switched to MCPE and it was like looking at a last gen game with terrible fog and awful textures. This game looks amazing in comparison, it's smooth too. Really didn't expect this.

No crafting, no extras apart from torches and ladders, no cloud saves or sharing maps over wifi. But damn its a good creator, MC has the survival thingy covered but as far as I'm concerned this is the best world builder I've seen on a tablet.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:18 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Not sure if this has worked but hopefully there's a screenshot of each attached in this post

EDIT: damn, didn't do both, well for comparison, this is from block earth, I haven't touched the map, this is what it generated for me upon starting a new world, and from what I could tell the world is vast/limitless? Segments loaded up without pausing gameplay as I moved towards an edge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (276.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Smartbomb; 04-07-2013 at 10:20 PM..
Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 PM

My friends love playing this game, and I haven't tried it. Any free version of this game?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:25 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard21 View Post
My friends love playing this game, and I haven't tried it. Any free version of this game?
Sadly not, it's a set price for the main game and there's an optional IAP for a better jet pack and three world skins that change the textures.

Here's a screenie of MC for quick comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (277.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Whoa, this does look great. I just took the plunge. I usually don't for 1.99 games but this looks awesome, and with smartbomb's impressions I couldn't resist.