Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-24-2012, 08:01 PM
pka4916 pka4916 is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,116
Default Ipad 5 & Ipad Mini2 planned for March 2013

omg... now they are going to release every 6 months a new Ipad

http://news.yahoo.com/fifth-gen-ipad...150533340.html

This it not even remotely funny anymore


I am waiting for the rumored 20" screen...going to be called the Maxipad.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Mene Mene is offline
In Time-Out
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,317
Default

Just wonderful and my ipad2 50th birthday gift will be 3 generations old and obsolete before its even 1 yr old. Thanks apple
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-24-2012, 09:36 PM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

Hmmm...Apple milking the sheep for all its worth? Sorry I couldn't resist that
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Fireball926 Fireball926 is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,442
Default

Mind this is all rumor. Don't believe everything you hear. Remember the iPad 3 with no physical home button? Yeah that happened
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 PM
crex's Avatar
crex crex is offline
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball926 View Post
Mind this is all rumor. Don't believe everything you hear. Remember the iPad 3 with no physical home button? Yeah that happened
I'm still waiting on my iPhone 5 with holograms!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-24-2012, 11:04 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,459
Default

Lol...no. Isn't happening. There's no need to update the iPad model. iPad mini, maybe, but doubtful.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 AM
DigitalB33R DigitalB33R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 806
Default

Why are people mad?

Its not like your current device will suddenly explode or stop working.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-25-2012, 03:48 AM
ip4weather ip4weather is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 850
Default

i hate apple for this ,are they crazy?i cant buy every 3 months new ipad or iphone...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-25-2012, 04:30 AM
Connector Connector is offline
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 14,835
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalB33R View Post
Why are people mad?

Its not like your current device will suddenly explode or stop working.
Well, usually it comes from people with the most latest hardware, now the ipad 4, ipad mini, and iphone 5. Since I have a new ipad, I actually want new as fast as possible.

You know my new ipad was severely criticized for heatgate, weightgate, and underpowered gate. And I will admit, it hurt when the ipad 4 came out, and my new ipad got discontinued in 7 months. Especially with all the rumours back then, the ipad 4 was supposedly IGZO, 128 gb max space, same weight as an ipad 2, battery length 4 hrs more, cpu 2x, no heat problems due to one lightbar instead of two. Only thing that the new ipad had for it was a samsung screen vs lg, and I didn't want to go with a lightning connector cause a lot of my cables wouldn't work and I did not want to buy 30 dollar adapters.

Then when the ipad 4 came out, I was shocked, very small changes mainly the cpu 2x. Comparing games, there are only a handful of games that really run alot better on the ipad 4 vs new ipad. In fact, games that I thought were running bad on the new ipad after updates run fine now like wild blood or nfs most wanted. Not saying that there is no difference, but the only game right now that I am jealous about is Nova 3, it seems to run the way it should. The new ipad version had framerate problems.

I don't care too much about added effects all that much. I realize one day games will be optimized for ipad 4 to use its faster processor, but you know what? Some people say the new ipad is underpowered, well, the ipad 4 is the neglected child. Developers have done almost nothing to use its capabilities. Also, there is almost no one at the stores looking at it. If the ipad 5 comes out in
March like rumoured, then it will end up being a neglected child just like the new ipad had become.

It'll end up being that the new ipad and ipad 4 will be like stepbrothers, with the ipad 5 getting all the attention and glory.

So I as a new ipad owner look forward to the ipad 5 or 6, the faster
The better. Heatgate, weightgate, batterygate, igzogate, 128gbgate, sdcardgate, a7gate, thinnerbevelgate, etc, are all things I look forward to as soon as possible. Since the developers are not really supporting the ipad 4, ipad 5 will be the driving force for better console games.

Since I spend most of my time now with my ipad as a console via hdmi tv, I really look forward to the day, developers take the ipad seriously. And that time will probably be the ipad 5 or 6.

Now I know ipad 4 owners won't like my comments, but I hate to say it, both the new ipad and ipad 4 are neglected children in their own way. But at least the ipad is well rounded, and won't go extinct anytime soon. It just seems neglected by developers and consumers. So I would feel bad for the ipad
4 owners if they do come out in march. Cause i just went through it, so I can feel the pain.

Iphone 5 users, I don't think the 5s if it comes out will be that much different.

But I would feel really bad for ipad mini owners if a retina with a6 cpu comes out in march. Even if it comes out next october. Most people don't really how big of a difference BOTH a retina and a6 would do. Oh that would be painful to have a totally extinct old ipad mini. It would be hard to take. Ouch

Anyway, I really look forward to igzo screens, lighter, better cpu, at least 128 gb
Disk space, no heatgate, sd card support, wireless joysticks, better airplay console support, and a longer battery.

Sorry if I offended any ipad 4 owners from my remarks. But at least you got a better ipad 4, and I have an underpowered yet faithful new ipad.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-26-2012, 12:00 AM
DigitalB33R DigitalB33R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Well, usually it comes from people with the most latest hardware, now the ipad 4, ipad mini, and iphone 5. Since I have a new ipad, I actually want new as fast as possible.

You know my new ipad was severely criticized for heatgate, weightgate, and underpowered gate. And I will admit, it hurt when the ipad 4 came out, and my new ipad got discontinued in 7 months. Especially with all the rumours back then, the ipad 4 was supposedly IGZO, 128 gb max space, same weight as an ipad 2, battery length 4 hrs more, cpu 2x, no heat problems due to one lightbar instead of two. Only thing that the new ipad had for it was a samsung screen vs lg, and I didn't want to go with a lightning connector cause a lot of my cables wouldn't work and I did not want to buy 30 dollar adapters.

Then when the ipad 4 came out, I was shocked, very small changes mainly the cpu 2x. Comparing games, there are only a handful of games that really run alot better on the ipad 4 vs new ipad. In fact, games that I thought were running bad on the new ipad after updates run fine now like wild blood or nfs most wanted. Not saying that there is no difference, but the only game right now that I am jealous about is Nova 3, it seems to run the way it should. The new ipad version had framerate problems.

I don't care too much about added effects all that much. I realize one day games will be optimized for ipad 4 to use its faster processor, but you know what? Some people say the new ipad is underpowered, well, the ipad 4 is the neglected child. Developers have done almost nothing to use its capabilities. Also, there is almost no one at the stores looking at it. If the ipad 5 comes out in
March like rumoured, then it will end up being a neglected child just like the new ipad had become.

It'll end up being that the new ipad and ipad 4 will be like stepbrothers, with the ipad 5 getting all the attention and glory.

So I as a new ipad owner look forward to the ipad 5 or 6, the faster
The better. Heatgate, weightgate, batterygate, igzogate, 128gbgate, sdcardgate, a7gate, thinnerbevelgate, etc, are all things I look forward to as soon as possible. Since the developers are not really supporting the ipad 4, ipad 5 will be the driving force for better console games.

Since I spend most of my time now with my ipad as a console via hdmi tv, I really look forward to the day, developers take the ipad seriously. And that time will probably be the ipad 5 or 6.

Now I know ipad 4 owners won't like my comments, but I hate to say it, both the new ipad and ipad 4 are neglected children in their own way. But at least the ipad is well rounded, and won't go extinct anytime soon. It just seems neglected by developers and consumers. So I would feel bad for the ipad
4 owners if they do come out in march. Cause i just went through it, so I can feel the pain.

Iphone 5 users, I don't think the 5s if it comes out will be that much different.

But I would feel really bad for ipad mini owners if a retina with a6 cpu comes out in march. Even if it comes out next october. Most people don't really how big of a difference BOTH a retina and a6 would do. Oh that would be painful to have a totally extinct old ipad mini. It would be hard to take. Ouch

Anyway, I really look forward to igzo screens, lighter, better cpu, at least 128 gb
Disk space, no heatgate, sd card support, wireless joysticks, better airplay console support, and a longer battery.

Sorry if I offended any ipad 4 owners from my remarks. But at least you got a better ipad 4, and I have an underpowered yet faithful new ipad.
I find the people that upgrade whenever a new product out to be pretty careless about spending their money and actually using the product. I mean, it seems that they're just buying the product like a hobby.

I've been using my iPad 1 since December 2010. I mean I want the newest, but I tend to have self control. Your never going to match or beat technology.

This just that people will blindly buy Apple products even if barely anything is changed. It's also one of Apple's greatest marketing strengths. Either way, I don't feel bad for the people that owned the iPad 3 and then upgraded to the iPad 4 and now the iPad 5 is coming. They should have realized that the iPad was always going to be on a March release cycle. Apple had to get the iPad Mini into the holiday season and had to update the iPad with lightening connector so it wouldn't be outdated.

Personally I cant wait to upgrade my iPad 1 to a iPad Mini with Retina display.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent