★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Anyone else tired of in-app purchases?

01-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Anyone else tired of in-app purchases?

Am I the only one who is annoyed by in-app purchases? I now check to see if apps have them, and then avoid them. I just want to pay for a game and play it without having to pay more! I don't mind if it's several dollars, rather than the old everything-is-99-cents days. I just want to play!

Am I alone in this annoyance?
01-03-2013, 05:19 PM
You're certainly not alone, most people hate them. You'll find that most paid apps won't have too essential IAPs, it's th free apps that do. Nobody really likes IAPs but I think there is a lot of money to be had out of it, so don't expect it to go away.

01-03-2013, 05:20 PM
What about added levels and more story like DLC? You don't want more?
01-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
What about added levels and more story like DLC? You don't want more?
If there is more content and levels, I say make a whole other game for me to download. Don't taunt me with in-app purchases. I hate 'em! Hate 'em, I say!
01-03-2013, 05:32 PM
No more levels and big content are excusable, but they are usually in free updates anyway. IAPs only annoy me when it is to get an extra gun or something like that.
01-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
No more levels and big content are excusable, but they are usually in free updates anyway. IAPs only annoy me when it is to get an extra gun or something like that.

The fact that a lot of users expect more levels and content for free is one of the reasons theres iap in almost every game now. In my opinion more content and levels would be a valid reason for iap, more so than getting coins or purchasing an overpowered weapon/armor.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion