View Poll Results: Cowbell Hero Soundtrack CD print options.
Professional but Low cost cd with minimal packaging. Around $5 0 0%
Nicer cd with a fold out booklet. Poster on one side. Lyrics on other. $7-10. 1 100.00%
I am not really interested either way. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
App description: Cowbell Fever is the music game you have all been waiting for. Play the cowbell to 16 Licensed Songs including (Don't Fear) The Reaper, and 10 Bonus Tracks. Join our Hero on his Psychedelic Quest to become a music legend.

*Note About the Price: The game's higher price is due to licensed music. Royalties are paid on every copy sold. The majority of the songs used in the game are the Master recordings by the original artist.

Cowbell Fever delivers a music experience like no other game before it.

Cowbell Fever has a rockin' assortment of licensed and original music that prominently feature the cowbell in all of its glory.

You may think the cowbell is an easy instrument to play. Think Again. The songs here will challenge even the best cowbell players out there.

This game isn't just about tapping the screen, it is about our Hero's journey to become a music legend. The Story Mode features over 30 minutes of hand drawn animation.

The Bonus Tracks explore the space by leaving the 70's vibe behind and give you a chance to play cowbell to Drum and Bass, and even Dubstep!

Songs Include:
Down on the Corner by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Hair of the Dog by Nazareth
Little Willy as made famous by Sweet
Cowbell Blues
Incense and Peppermints by Strawberry Alarm Clock
Evil Ways as made famous by Santana
Time Has Come Today as made famous by The Chambers Brothers
Give and Take
Annabelle
Got to Give it Up by Marvin Gaye
Better by the Pound by Funkadelic
Funkify
Rock Me by Steppenwolf
Good to Your Earhole by Funkadelic
(Dont Fear) The Reaper as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult
More Cowbell

Bonus Tracks:
Wacky Tobacky
Ohm
Kung Fu Fro
Cowbell Duel
More Cowbell (Remix)
DNB Bell
Wobble Funk
Bass Bell
More Cowbell (Dubstep)
Mad Cowbell Disease

*Original Soundtrack also available on iTunes.

Designed to run on iPhone 3GS and higher.

uberarcade's comments:
Cowbell Hero is now available on the App Store!

01-03-2013, 11:06 PM
It looks fun, but holy cow(bell!), half a gig and seven bucks? I'll stick to watching the SNL clips.

Last edited by Kubaton; 01-03-2013 at 11:08 PM.

01-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubaton View Post
It looks fun, but holy cow(bell!), half a gig and seven bucks? I'll stick to watching the SNL clips.
That's prolly coz you're paying for the licensed songs, and I dont see any IAPs in there either.

Im still so in deep into Demon's Score as my go-to rhythm game, but i will definitely give this game a shot soon.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-04-2013, 02:15 AM
I don't think I'll be dropping 7 bucks for this but any game that has 2 funkadelic songs has gotta be awesome.
01-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Yes, the licensed music is the main factor for the high price.

There is a minimum amount those songs have to be paid per copy sold. We think it is a good value still. All songs are included. There is no in app purchase.

There are also a lot of bonus songs and we will be adding more bonus songs for free in future updates. And the bonus songs are really good. The game currently has 26 songs.

Download Cowbell Hero now!
01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberarcade View Post
Yes, the licensed music is the main factor for the high price.

There is a minimum amount those songs have to be paid per copy sold. We think it is a good value still. All songs are included. There is no in app purchase.

There are also a lot of bonus songs and we will be adding more bonus songs for free in future updates. And the bonus songs are really good. The game currently has 26 songs.
I figured as much, just like Exact-Psience stated. My comment wasn't at all meant to bash the game. 6.99 is just a little more than I'm willing to spend on an iOS game. I love rhythm based games but tend to get bored with them quickly. And that goes for everything from Guitar Hero to the Tap Tap games. It's great that you included Don't Fear The Reaper because it just wouldn't be the same without it.

Devices: iPhone 6 Plus/128GB (8.1.x), iPad 4/64GB WiFi/Cellular (8.1.x), 2010 MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz OS X Mavericks (10.9.x)
Currently Playing: Minigore 2: Zombies, Plants Vs. Zombies 2, Starborn Anarkist
GC: Kubaton
01-04-2013, 09:54 AM
I hate to be "that guy", but there's no way I pay this much for a non-universal game. It's not necessarily the price in and of itself, but how can this not support iPads at that cost?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Songs Include:
Down on the Corner by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Hair of the Dog by Nazareth
Little Willy as made famous by Sweet
Cowbell Blues
Incense and Peppermints by Strawberry Alarm Clock
Evil Ways as made famous by Santana
Time Has Come Today as made famous by The Chambers Brothers
Give and Take
Annabelle
Got to Give it Up by Marvin Gaye
Better by the Pound by Funkadelic
Funkify
Rock Me by Steppenwolf
Good to Your Earhole by Funkadelic
(Dont Fear) The Reaper as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult
More Cowbell

Bonus Tracks:
Wacky Tobacky
Ohm
Kung Fu Fro
Cowbell Duel
More Cowbell (Remix)
DNB Bell
Wobble Funk
Bass Bell
More Cowbell (Dubstep)
Mad Cowbell Disease
01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I hate to be "that guy", but there's no way I pay this much for a non-universal game. It's not necessarily the price in and of itself, but how can this not support iPads at that cost?
We plan for it to be a universal app. We have all the ipad and ipad retina artwork already. It will be added in a future update.

Download Cowbell Hero now!
01-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberarcade View Post
We plan for it to be a universal app. We have all the ipad and ipad retina artwork already. It will be added in a future update.
Ok, well that certainly makes this a more likely purchase. Thanks for the info!

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!