Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-10-2013, 04:04 AM

Default Bartender Master (Universal) [Today it's FREE! (Chinese)]

Today, it's FREE! (For Chinese version)
https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/diao-jiu-da-shi/id575837961?mt=8

Here comes the Bartender Championship!
Mix your Kiss, Astronaut, Long Island Ice Tea and Graveyard by mixing brandy, whisky, vodka, rum and juice!
Show your expertise and contest for the title of "Master of Bartender"!

Both iPhone and iPad

iTunes link:https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/bartender-master/id587745954

Features:

★Game designed by board game experts and veteran players

★Professional bartenders involved to design recipes

★6 kinds of ingredient, 10 quests, and even "bombs"!

★Simple and easy-to-learn, with interactive tutorial to teach you how to play

★Single play v.s. three A.I. opponents

★Each game will be a 5-minute quick battle and fits into your short time slot everyday.

Designed and transplanted from the board game "Bartender" and themed cocktail mixing. Mixing various kinds of ingredient (represented by cards of different colors and numbers) to attain a particular sum. Calculation-simple and strategy-light.

Marvelous and fashionable cocktail mixing game!

Contesting with world-class mixologists!

Mixing assorted ingredients to make your unique cocktails!

With menus and recipes designed by professional mixologists!

Last edited by xiezhenggang; 02-09-2013 at 07:18 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This is actually a really good game. There are some small localization issues, but nothing game breaking at all. I'm enjoying this quite a bit.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

App Store states that it is by the developer of Mr M's Code of Murder. Is this game easier to understand? I bought that and could not really understand how to play...

Also the forums on Boardgamegeek seemed silent on the Bartender card game this is based on.

Could you post more about how Bartender Master plays?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
App Store states that it is by the developer of Mr M's Code of Murder. Is this game easier to understand? I bought that and could not really understand how to play...

Also the forums on Boardgamegeek seemed silent on the Bartender card game this is based on.

I didn't catch that it was the same developer as Mr M. This is a much better game IMO. It's essentially a card game where each card has a color, a number, and a type of liquor. You have a couple of ways to score points. First, playing cards that total exactly 13 will get you the number of points relative to the number of cards you played to get to 13. Also, there are always 4 special "recipes" that have associated numbers with them. If you can play all of those numbers before an opponent, you get a bonus. There's more to it, (can't play the same numbers or colors consecutively, you can use "bomb" cards to destroy cards, etc.) but that's essentially it. I picked it up very quickly (there's even a tutorial), and recommend it.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

This is on sale for a buck now. I think fans of card/board games should definitely give this a shot now.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post

How to play

Basic Cards
Each player will be given 5 basic cards at the beginning of the game.

You can use these cards to mix cocktails or accomplish special quests.

Play a card
Drag a card to the “area of play” (which represents the glass of cocktail mixing) of yourself or any other player. Each played card represents the ingredient to mix a glass of cocktail

Each card to be played must be different, in both color and number, from the last one in the area of play of the relevant player.

Immediately after playing a card, you will automatically draw a card to your hand and the index shown on the progress-bar of the relevant player will move forward. The current index is the sum of the numbers of all the played cards before that player.

During your turn, you can tap the area of play of any player to review all of his/her played cards at the moment.

A Drink is Mixed
When any player’s progress-bar shows exactly 13, it will shine, which means a glass of cocktail is successfully mixed! Such player scores 1 for each played cards in that mixed cocktail.

Immediately thereafter, the area of play of that player will be cleaned up to make room for mixing the next glass.

So if you play a card to any other player, it is he/she who will score from that card.

Accomplish a Quest
The four distinct glasses of cocktail in the center of the interface are the current activated quests, each of which indicates the required numbers and the bonus score to accomplish it.

If the number of a played card of a player falls in the required numbers of a quest, such number will be highlighted out of that quest for that player.

Where a quest is accomplished by a player, the area of play of that player will be cleaned up to make room for mixing the next glass.

Likewise, if you play a card to any other player, which then allows him/her to accomplish a quest, it is he/she who will score from that quest.

Mixing Busted
If the progress-bar shows a number more than 13, it will be shining red, which means your cocktail mixing goes busted.

If the current glass of cocktail of any player goes busted, he/she will score –1 for each played card. Then the area of play of that player will be cleaned up to make room for mixing the next glass.

If you play a card to any other player, which makes his/her cocktail mixing busted, it is YOU who will suffer the resulting score deduction.

Bomb
A card with a “black glass” icon is a bomb card. A bomb card can be played either as a normal card or to disrupt any player’s cocktail mixing.

When you drag a bomb card to any player’s area of play, a message box will appear for you to confirm whether to play it as a bomb. If you tap “yes”, the bomb will be activated with the effect of removing the last played card, moving backward the target player’s progress-bar accordingly and deducting his/her score by 2. But you tap “no”, the bomb card played will work as a normal card.

Crown
At any time during a game, the player who has mixed most glasses of cocktail will be immediately awarded with the “Crown”, which gives bonus score of 3 points. If at any later time this player’s mixed glasses are outnumbered by any other player’s, the “Crown” (including the bonus score thereof) will be transferred to the surpassing player.

End of Game
The game will end when the cards in the deck run out.

The players will be ranked by their scores.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:05 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'll add that this is a fun, light, well-produced game that you can easily play while doing something else (I have my iPad on a stand on my desk, and usually have a board or card game open while I'm writing or otherwise working), and is very simple to pick up.

As you complete games, you gain experience points, and from what I can tell the AI's strength increases as your level does, rather than being based on a selectable difficulty option; there is only AI, though, no live multiplayer. The game even provides an incentive system in the form of a daily challenge of the "win X times in a row", "mix X drinks", "win games using an in each of the four colours" variety that gives extra experience for completing it.

Genie Games have put out two solid, somewhat obscure board game translations now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what is coming next (also the promised AI for the Mr. M role in Code of Murder :P).
Old 01-18-2013, 04:26 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

What is the other obscure board game translation that isn't Mr. M?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 AM

Our new game "Bumper Kids" is coming soon!