Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-10-2013, 05:04 AM

Default Growtopia - (Robinson Technologies)[Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-10-2013 at 05:07 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 AM
iPad mini

Can't find it on the NZ store...
Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I dont know why but these build and wander simulation games have never ever clicked with me.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I dont know why but these build and wander simulation games have never ever clicked with me.
You don't really wander in this one, levels aren't huge, and there are only four types of naturally occurring tiles. You get more types of tiles, clothes, etc, by splicing seeds together. Dirt + Rock = Grass for instance.

The game's online only, and worlds/levels can be connected to each other. People can create platforming challenges with lava and spikes etc.

It's still very much a building and designing game, though.

-----

A few tips for people getting into it:

1) Don't be discouraged by the fact it's Freemium. Gems can be obtained quite easily by just playing the game, they can appear when you break blocks or harvest trees etc. And with some experimentation you can find some fairly quick methods of getting them.

It's also more generous with what you can get for your money, $1 is 1000 gems and most things cost fewer than that(with many things being 50-200). And the only things exclusive to gems are the lock type items which allow you to seal off things from other players.

The Tapjoy offers are fairly generous too, with most app offers being 200+ gems.

2) It tells you to anyway, but in case you don't pay attention, go to the START world first for some tutorial stuff.

3) You can generate more of some seeds, especially lower level ones, by growing trees and just breaking all the blocks you harvest. With lower tier items you'll generally come out with more seeds than you started with.

4) If you want to see some examples of seed combinations, drop by my new world SEEDIARY (Like a Bestiary, but with seeds, get it? heh....). I have the first four generations/tiers of trees catalogued currently.

And if anyone has questions I'll help to the best of my ability. I'm still fairly new to the game myself.

Last edited by Seil; 01-17-2013 at 04:59 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the link sanaku,
Do you know what sanpaku is? Is that where you got your name from. It's quite interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seil View Post
You don't really wander in this one, levels aren't huge, and there are only four types of naturally occurring tiles. You get more types of tiles, clothes, etc, by splicing seeds together. Dirt + Rock = Grass for instance.

The game's online only, and worlds/levels can be connected to each other. People can create platforming challenges with lava and spikes etc.

It's still very much a building and designing game, though.

-----

A few tips for people getting into it:

1) Don't be discouraged by the fact it's Freemium. Gems can be obtained quite easily by just playing the game, they can appear when you break blocks or harvest trees etc. And with some experimentation you can find some fairly quick methods of getting them.

It's also more generous with what you can get for your money, $1 is 1000 gems and most things cost fewer than that(with many things being 50-200). And the only things exclusive to gems are the lock type items which allow you to seal off things from other players.

The Tapjoy offers are fairly generous too, with most app offers being 200+ gems.

2) It tells you to anyway, but in case you don't pay attention, go to the START world first for some tutorial stuff.

3) You can generate more of some seeds, especially lower level ones, by growing trees and just breaking all the blocks you harvest. With lower tier items you'll generally come out with more seeds than you started with.

4) If you want to see some examples of seed combinations, drop by my new world SEEDIARY (Like a Bestiary, but with seeds, get it? heh....). I have the first four generations/tiers of trees catalogued currently.

And if anyone has questions I'll help to the best of my ability. I'm still fairly new to the game myself.
Thanks for the tips. I'm quite addicted to blockheads at the moment but I'm going to give growtopia a try too.. I usually only get addicted to one game at one given time, so ill be impressed if growtopia steals the show. Looks pretty awesome. I like the sound of the splicing too! And locking off sections could be good ^_^ like gluing a $2 coin to the cement to tempt people.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Like I said its a mix of Mario style jumping platformer with the building style of minecraft and seil is the best to go to. It may sound confusing but its fun.

To the people playing this does it get you mad when a random dude keeps punching you while you wait for something to grow?
I do my growing in my personal world so that doesn't happen lol.

I haven't really built anything yet, just experimented with splicing. I have, however, destroyed every single naturally generated block in my world. Placed a couple layers of dirt back, have a small building at the entrance which is locked and basically just grow whatever lol.

When clearing out a lot of dirt, planting a lot of dirt seeds and recycling(complete an offer or buy some gems to unlock recycle - gives gems when you destroy items) full stacks of dirt can provide some nice bonus gems.