Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Ravensword: Shadowlands Quest/Content Suggestions

See title. Begin suggesting.

This is my big suggestion and there've been a good few concurring posts. Updated and added with other suggestions frequently.

Quote:

Ok here is my big list of stuff, divided into what I'd want to see as paid DLC and what I think should be a free update:

Update:
1) Enemy AI should be a little better. There shouldn't just be a "circle" where, if you enter it, they automatically chase you forever. Also, if you jump on a rock and start shooting they won't always jump up after you.

2) Enemies should level up with you. The game is just to easy even on the hardest setting IMO.

3) Aven and the mining town should be more active. Maybe double or triple the NPCs for capable devices.

4) I've seen a deer and a boar right next to each other doing nothing. Maybe have the animals occasionall fight each other? It would add a lot to the immersion.

5) The inventory is a pain to use; I like the 3D items but it's a pain scrolling through everything. I liked Aralon's system better where everything was a grid and easily accessible. Likewise, the quick-access bar needs to have more slots or we need to be able to scroll across to reveal more. It's annoying not being able to have more than four at a time.

6) Chests should be randomized and if we revisit the area we should be able to reopen them and discover new stuff once we fight through the horde again. Likewise drops from enemies should be randomized to a certain extent.

7) This is more a personal preference, but if possible allow devices to tweak graphics settings like you could in Aralon? Not just view distance, but texture quality, shadow resolution, rendering resolution, AA, bump mapping, etc. Have a default for all devices so those who don't want to mess with it don't have to, but for advanced users it's really nice to be able to tweak to their own preference.

8) Making the weapons bob a little in first person view would be nice, as would the option of a seperate block button and being able to resize the buttons. The resizing thing is pretty minor though.

Paid DLC. I'd pay $3-5 each for both of these.

Pack 1: Loot/Magic
1) Add some more caves all over the map, with enemies as suiting the area. The more difficult, the better the reward. The chests should be randomized and be able to be reopened when we revisit the cave.

2) More magic runes. How about a spike one that has spikes jut up from the ground at our enemy? Or a confusion rune that causes an enemy to attack its allies? Likewise, some higher level enemies should use magic against us. Also hide the runes in chests and on a few extra-high level enemies, that way we have to earn them.

3) More weapons and especially armor. Let the weapons have special powers or add runes that allow things like poison, life leech, quicker attack, etc. Allow end enemies to use these same powers against us, and add runes that will counteract the magic.

4) I saw a forge but nothing to do with it. How about let us gather materials and have a little minigame to forge our own weapon? Just a thought.

5) Dual wielding. ’Nuff said

Pack 2: Quests

1) That Assassin's Guild quest idea was pretty neat. Maybe have us kill a few corrupt officials, a goblin king that his minions are sick of, then get creative and maybe a few others with some edgy themes like a jealous shopkeeper wants to kill his rival or the head of the guild suspects someone's messing with his wife (depends on apple there, I guess), all with heavy reliance on stealth. The addition of poison darts that we can craft (can't buy) would be really cool.

2) Add an Elf Castle! With tons of loot in the keep, archers at the towers etc. the Aven soldiers can come with you and you can hire extra support like troll mercenaries. Really make the loot big.

3) Unleash the skeletons. We'll wander in the meadow after the main quest is completed and see a skeleton and an Aven guard randomly fighting. Maybe have the skeletons and spiders band together, a few of the skeletons could ride the spiders with bows? Let the spiders shoot webbing at you, and have a little minigame to untie/unstick yourself

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-15-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 AM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
See title. Begin suggesting.

I for one suggest the addition of unicorns.
really? Unicorns?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Lmao Josh is like

It was a joke.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:14 AM

I think it would be cool if you added an Assassin quest line (like the Dark Brotherhood in TES.) You could put in special assassin armor that increases sneak and speed and a special assassin dagger and crossbow.

How you would start is by finding a dead assassin somewhere with a left over contract that you can loot off him. From here you can choose to either give the contract to the guards or fulfill it yourself. After you fulfill it someone in assassin guild contacts and the rest goes off of that.

Might be asking too much, but it'd be pretty cool if it got in :P
Old 01-12-2013, 11:49 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Ability to become a werewolf. We've been begging for this since the Aralon upcoming thread.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Being able to kill NPCs. And HUGE bosses.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Few good suggestions so far

Been half following this thread. Absolutely love Crescent Moon's work with Ravensword. After completing it, I fired up Avalon again the other day. Amazing to see how far they have come with the series...

I for one would resist the calls to make some elements of the game easier. Whilst the inventory could be improved, I kind of like that I have to wade through all my stuff to find what I need. After all, the character can carry a hell of a lot of stuff, so it's a small price to pay, and adds to the realism.

I also like that there are only four quick slots. You have to be really judicious about what you put in there.

After completing the game on the hardest difficulty (in a fraction of the time it took the first time round) I'm definitely thirsting for more side quests, and wish the enemies were harder to slay. I'd even like them to respawn mid level, so that you have to fight your way out of places too. The citadel and the mine seem weirdly empty on the way back out.

I'd like to see more use of magic, greater variety of loot and more gems. Way more gems......
Old 02-04-2013, 10:13 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeperman View Post
Been half following this thread. Absolutely love Crescent Moon's work with Ravensword. After completing it, I fired up Avalon again the other day. Amazing to see how far they have come with the series...

I for one would resist the calls to make some elements of the game easier. Whilst the inventory could be improved, I kind of like that I have to wade through all my stuff to find what I need. After all, the character can carry a hell of a lot of stuff, so it's a small price to pay, and adds to the realism.

I also like that there are only four quick slots. You have to be really judicious about what you put in there.

After completing the game on the hardest difficulty (in a fraction of the time it took the first time round) I'm definitely thirsting for more side quests, and wish the enemies were harder to slay. I'd even like them to respawn mid level, so that you have to fight your way out of places too. The citadel and the mine seem weirdly empty on the way back out.

I'd like to see more use of magic, greater variety of loot and more gems. Way more gems......
U do realize that aralon is not part of the series right it is it's own series and to be honest I liked it a lot more... But you do have good ideas...
Old 02-11-2013, 07:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Ahh yes - I realise it's not a series story wise, I was purely commenting on the game style. They began with Aralon and have improved through each Ravensword release. Thanks for the correction though!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeperman View Post
Ahh yes - I realise it's not a series story wise, I was purely commenting on the game style. They began with Aralon and have improved through each Ravensword release. Thanks for the correction though!
Sorry to be mister corrector here but they started with ravensword and then released aralon and then ravensword 2...