Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 PM

Default Dead Grind - (by Josh Brown)[Universal]

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-13-2013 at 12:06 AM..
Old 01-12-2013, 10:17 PM

Interesting game but too simple. Imagine into the dead if you had no ability to control where you look or move. You can only aim your gun, throw explosives (which cost hard to grind for cash), or hold two fingers down to sprint.

Kind of fun for a few minutes then I deleted it.

This release is a bit buggy: The game froze on me during a low battery warning.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltrabbit View Post
Interesting game but too simple. Imagine into the dead if you had no ability to control where you look or move. You can only aim your gun, throw explosives (which cost hard to grind for cash), or hold two fingers down to sprint.

Kind of fun for a few minutes then I deleted it.

This release is a bit buggy: The game froze on me during a low battery warning.
The current Build is still far away from being polished enough. If I wouldn`t know it better I would say that it was released inadvertently. I mean how can it be that some People swear to me that there is an Option to remove those Ads that I couldn`t find at all in the Game.

The things go on and on and I`m looking forward to see why the Developer had even put a Launch Trailer Online of the Game that was as laggy as it could get and probably did more Damage then showing the Game around.

I haven`t put it here Online since otherwise some might believe that the Developer had done it on purpose so I let it this time off but you should be easily able to find it on YouTube.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:08 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Thanks for the feedback (and video Sanuku). The other video you mention is actually pretty close to what the game was like when it was first released in October on Android but changed a lot due to feedback. Which was long before "Into The Dead" was announced or released. Even the 'lag' you mention was intentionally added whenever the player scored a headshot, but removed after players thought it was a bug.

Long story short for our process was we wanted to try and make a Zombie shooter but didn't want the player stationary (since "Contract Killer Zombies" does that), and didn't want to do dual sticks either (since "Dead Trigger" is an amazing game that does that). What you see is the result. Any similarities to "Into The Dead" are purely coincidental.

Once we saw how good "Into The Dead" was we did discuss adding the tilt controls and maybe changing our visual style but it didn't seem like it was the right choice for us so we kept our game the way it was. An "Into The Dead" clone probably would have performed better... but it just didn't seem like it was the right way to go.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Not surprising that Into the Dead has now inspired a new game.

Looks cool with it's graphic style, but without the turning, this does look too bland. I'll give it a shot though.

And this does look like a more action oriented Into the Dead variant. I kinda miss the varied death animations looking at the video though.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 01-13-2013 at 12:54 AM..