Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Developer Services and Trade

Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Satsuma Audio - Professional, Affordable Sound and Music

Hi there!

Lawrence Steele here and I run Satsuma Audio, a provider of high quality music and sound effects for video games.
I have no particular sentimental affinity for the satsuma, just thought it was a catchy name

I have experience creating audio for numerous titles in a wide variety of styles. I've been into computer games and music pretty much my entire life so to combine the two to make a living is pretty damn awesome. I am extremely passionate about my work and strive to create something outstanding for every project I work on.
(I'm also not good at starting sentences that don't begin with "I" ...)

More about me and my work on my website http://satsu.ma, alternatively read on...

One thing I love about writing music for games is you never know what style you will end up writing in next.

Over the years I have composed everything from orchestral to chiptunes, gangsta beats, spooky jazz, happy puzzle themes, fast-paced bluegrass and of course... dubstep!

For a wider selection of my work you can check out the audio page of my website. Or also the spiffy video showreel that should be located directly underneath this sentence.

(Image links to YouTube video)

I was first drawn to game audio by my love of writing music but soon discovered the wonders of sound design and now find it just as enjoyable and creatively rewarding as music composition.

I've created SFX for a whole bunch of different games, most notable would be browser based MMORPG SideQuest which saw me create many hundreds of sounds for monsters, spells, skills etc.
Another recent SFX project is upcoming iOS turn based strategy title WarBits for which I created a nice mix of retro interface sounds and big explosions! (WarBits trailer here)

I also have experience and knowledge of the latest in game audio software packages and middleware, including Unity, FMOD and WWise. Now that FMOD, WWise and Fabric are all free to use for indies, if anyone's working on a project which could be enhanced by one of these programs, let me know, I would love to be involved!

Here's the SFX showreel video...

(Image links to YouTube video)

When it comes to pricing I try and be as flexible and affordable as possible. My rates are 'indie-friendly' and I am always open for negotiation and willing to adjust to suit budgets of varying sizes.

I always consider revenue share options and other payment methods too if the project seems like it will be fun or creatively rewarding to work on.

So if you have any sound or music needs for your projects please get in touch, no job too big or small!

You can reach me at:

lawrence@satsu.ma
@SatsumaAudio

Or check out more about me and my work on my site http://satsu.ma

TL;DR - I make sounds, maybe I make sounds for you?

Last edited by SatsumaAudio; 04-30-2014 at 04:07 AM..
Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Send a message via Skype™ to brainsolid

Lawrence help us with sounds effects for Gemibears. He is really hard-working person and will make your game sounds great.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I had a bunch of music made for my game and I am really happy with them, I have been back and forth in emails about what tunes I needed for months, thanks again!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:27 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

So it has been a while since my last post and a very busy few months!

I recently created lots of squelchy, gory sound effects for iOS/Android zombie defense game Hipster Zombies (this one was a lot of fun), made music and sound effects for a couple of games for Slingo.com. Also, ongoing sound design work for the in-production MMORPG SideQuest, as well as some victory music for some real life slot machines and some other stuff which isn't quite finished yet!

Here are some nice things which people said about my work recently (I didn't make them say this I promise):

"Everyone over here at Slingo has been blown away by your work, honestly. We can’t imagine why we’d use anyone else ever. The artist on our team can’t stop gushing about how perfect the sounds are." - Jason Chin, Slingo.com

"Let me start by saying that the both of us are really happy with the quality of the sounds so far ... We're very confident that you've been the right choice for us and our little project here." - Martin Nerukar, Sharkbomb Studios.

However, it looks as though the workload is beginning to clear slightly so I would love to take on some more projects, so if you need any music or sound design for your current project, I would love to hear from you!

*Full info and portfolio links can be found in the original post*

-Lawrence Steele
Satsuma Audio
lawrence@satsu.ma
http://satsu.ma

Last edited by SatsumaAudio; 04-08-2013 at 05:35 AM..
Old 04-28-2013, 05:15 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Currently working on music for the upcoming melon racing (yes, melon racing) game, Melon Dash (http://www.melondash.net/). Just written an awesome bluegrass banjo tune for it, can't wait to show it off

However I am still very much on the lookout for new projects to get involved with, so if you need sounds or music of any variety just let me know!

Satsuma Audio - http://satsu.ma - lawrence@satsu.ma
Old 05-13-2013, 06:38 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

New music!

Just finished mixing this Bluegrass banjo track for Melon Dash (www.melondash.net)

http://soundcloud.com/satsuma-audio/melon-dash-farm

Was a lot of fun to do, had the chance to get a real banjo player in to play on it which was awesome, can't wait to get the rest of the music done!

In the meantime, I am still on the lookout for projects to get involved with so hit me up if you need music and/or sound effects

Satsuma Audio - http://satsu.ma - @SatsumaAudio - lawrence(at)satsu.ma