★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Antwar Saloon

01-21-2013, 02:18 AM
The Antwar Saloon

Felix is not in, but you are welcome to hang out in his bar.

Created because we folks from the Star Warfare thread wanted a place to hang out and chat. Other people are of course welcome, so feel free to drop in!

And if you do not get the reference, this is a good opportunity for me to recommend two books, both from John Steakley: "Armor" , and "Vampire$" (which was made into a good movie, too).
01-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Well, it's nice to have a true lounge thread, at least.

01-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
And if you do not get the reference, this is a good opportunity for me to recommend two books, both from John Steakley: "Armor" , and "Vampire$" (which was made into a good movie, too).
"Vampire$"? This $ sign thing is getting a little out of hand, what with Ke$ha and all too =.="

Hey all, great to have a thread where we can chat AND not be accused of going offtopic
01-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe View Post
"Vampire$"? This $ sign thing is getting a little out of hand, what with Ke$ha and all too =.="
Had to look up who/what Ke$ha is, guess I am getting old
Anyways, Vampire$ quite predates her. The book is almost as old as she, and I am quite sure she wasn't "published" with that name

And in the book it at least makes sense: "Vampire$, Inc." are vampire hunters for hire.
01-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Hello, just dropping in to say that I will be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead.exe
(Speaking of which, the world has already ended in Australia, and it sure doesn't seem any different >_____>)
01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Hello.
01-22-2013, 03:12 AM
Epoch?

I just saw in the Epoch. thread that some of us are still playing it.
DBC, Capricornman; and Exact-Psience seems to be the master of robot combat
I dug it out again myself, busy going through Ultra mode and the Arena.
04-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Got bored, decided to try SW2 properly for the heck of it about 10 days ago. The mithril/IAP barrier's pretty nasty, but it's actually possible to do decently on the PvE side without spending a cent -- you just need to be very deliberate with your purchase planning.

PvP side, the weaponry isn't impossible without mithril -- the problem is actually the armour. Freyr seems to have decided that it's a "good" idea to make at least one component of all the upper armours cost mithril, so if you want the ability of a full armour set, you'll need to go grinding or put out some money. There's an interesting hybrid-bonus system that can be used, but most of the best bonuses require full armour sets.
05-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Why does this place look like this.

And that sounds much better. I still hadn't acquired trinity when I quit the first one. Not getting good armor bonuses hurts, but seems reasonable compared to not getting the good weapons, at least.

Too little time though. Too little time for anything at all, really.
05-10-2015, 04:24 PM
I got this game called DemonSouls RPG and its not bad(judging from the tutorial).

Right now im mainly playing CS:GO, so im not really playing much games on my iphone besides coc and maybe demonsouls.