Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Mushroom Wars - The legendary RTS, one of the “25 BEST PSN GAMES” has comе on Jan, 24

Quote:
Release info: Mushroom Wars is now available worldwide.

The price is USD $2.99, GBP Ł1.99 and EUR 2,69 €.

Tailored for iPad and iPad Mini. Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Size of the app is 167 MB.
Initially a PlayStation®Network game, Mushroom Wars was named one of the Top 25 PlayStation®Network games of all time by IGN. Now it comes to iPad with three types of touch’n’swipe controls and several exclusive perks for iPad gamers.

Quote:
“As hands-down the best RTS on the PlayStation®Network, Mushroom Wars is a solid pick for any gamer looking to lose some time while using quite a bit of brain power,”
IGN’s Best 25 games for PlayStation®Network of all times

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

A dreadful menace threatens the Mushroom Kingdom. An unknown enemy has come between the mushroom folk, and once peaceful neighbors have begun to fight one another. Play the unfolding story, lead the Mushroom Army and mediate peace in the land!

Mushroom Wars is a fast-paced RTS (real-time strategy) that brings arcade skirmish gameplay to the forefront. Defeat enemy tribes or capture key strategic locations! Increase the size of your army, complete the construction of your villages, improve your weapons, capture smith shops or hold defensive towers – it's up to you to choose your way to victory!

★ 7 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Turkish, Russian, Br. Portuguese.
★ Be part of a fascinating journey with a story-driven campaign.
★ Test your strategic thinking. Get easily acquainted with the RTS genre, or plunge into the depth of gameplay with its three difficulty settings in both layout and powers.
★ Challenge Facebook friends. Each week a challenge is opened for friends competing for the highest score on one map.
★ Three types of controls to augment player flexibility and speed of reaction; support for left-handed players.

Complete a fascinating Campaign or challenge your Facebook friends NOW!

Last edited by i-Free; 01-24-2013 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: update
Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

The psn version was well received. Looking forward to this! This gonna be an expensive week...

Last edited by killercow; 01-21-2013 at 09:22 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Looks interesting.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:54 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Not iPod touch?
Hi Bramblett, thank you for your question. Mushroom Wars does not support iPod and iPhone devices as of now. The game needs serious adjustments and additional playtests to be an enjoyable (and predictable) RTS experience on smaller screen.

But I'd confess that we do have plans to support iPhone and iPod devices on a later stage. Unfortunately I can't give any ETA at this moment, but we'll sure keep TouchArcade forum members well informed
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-Free View Post
Hi Bramblett, thank you for your question. Mushroom Wars does not support iPod and iPhone devices as of now. The game needs serious adjustments and additional playtests to be an enjoyable (and predictable) RTS experience on smaller screen.

But I'd confess that we do have plans to support iPhone and iPod devices on a later stage. Unfortunately I can't give any ETA at this moment, but we'll sure keep TouchArcade forum members well informed
+1 to small screen iPod/iPhone/Universal support. Mushroom Wars looks promising.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
+1 to small screen iPod/iPhone/Universal support. Mushroom Wars looks promising.
+2 here! Just letting you know you have potential sales. Game looks awesome. Hope we see it in the iPhone section soon. (optimized for 5 please)
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

The countdown starts at sunset! New Zealand players will be able to lay hands on Mushroom Wars very soon indeed, and for EU and US gamers it's less than a day away!

And here's an exclusive sneak peek of the Developers making a few finishing touches

Old 01-21-2013, 03:34 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Hm... Well the only RTS I really latched onto was Halo Wars. I loved that game so much. And if Little King's Story and Pikmin count as pseudo-RTS games, I enjoyed those a lot too. I think I just might give this one a shot, though. It seems very cute (and I'm obviously into cute things), and has Russian and French language options! Je pourrais pratiquer mon français et ma russe, et jouer avec mes champignons ŕ la fois męme!

Это очень хорошо.

One question, though: I have experienced a few instances of a seemingly cute game becoming really difficult. I noticed one of the screenshots says something about people of all skill levels enjoying it, but just how difficult can the game get? I really am no good at thinking tactically, and that's why RTS games and I don't mix very well... unless they're based on Halo and/or have a cute aesthetic allegedly... >.>
Old 01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

im also wondering if its only possible to play multiplayermusing facebook. No game center support?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyNinja View Post
im also wondering if its only possible to play multiplayermusing facebook. No game center support?
I'd like to know this as I don't use Facebook.