★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

All my games I have worked on since 1982

01-23-2013, 03:40 AM
All my games I have worked on since 1982

I have updated the front page of my site with you tube links to most of the games i have done in the past, so if you want a trip down memory lane going back to 1982 then please have a look at http://luckyredfish.com/previous-works

Game development blog luckyredfish.com

Last edited by Patricia Curtis; 01-24-2013 at 10:10 AM.
02-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Amazing collection of games. I would've killed for the opportunity to work on the platforms you have.

02-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Weird Dreams! Now THAT was both an original and challenging game!

/getting old

Dungeon Plunder: an iOS Roguelike - Play for free now! Follow the updates on Twitter and on Facebook.
TA Forum Thread? Right here. Soundtrack is on iTunes
02-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Ooh Clayfighters 2 and Monkey Madness! Happy to meet you, sir.
02-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psiufoxx View Post
Ooh Clayfighters 2 and Monkey Madness! Happy to meet you, sir.
Clay fighters? Holy ish I wish I could shake your hand
02-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoty View Post
Amazing collection of games. I would've killed for the opportunity to work on the platforms you have.
Hehe, you have no idea what you are asking for. I have been developing games on those platforms in the 80ies too and it was very different from today. Endless lines of Assembler coding. My first game was on a machine where the 8-bit CPU could not even do integer multiplication nor division, you even had to code that one. The CPU had 1MHz (no, not GHz) which is really slow. Don't even think about OpenGL or anything like that, we had to directly program the hardware to even make simple things happen.

Since the internet (or at least the WWW) was not around, getting information was also way harder. I remember traveling to conferences just to meet devs from the US so I could ask them to send me some hardware chip specs (you needed to know what every bit did and where they were mapped into memory). You could not order that information in Europe.

For my first game project, I had to use a line editor because full screen editors were not common back then. If you don't know what a line editor is, go google it, it is horrible.

This brings back old memories and I definitely enjoyed it back then (when all these things were just normal), but I never want to work like that again.

Bitmen Studios - We bring the Bits together.
Galactic Conflict RTS Air Force vs Luftwaffe.
Follow me on Twitter @BitmenStudios or visit my Indie Developer Blog
02-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Great set of games. Some I do remember, and some I had a real pleasure to play.
02-11-2013, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFromBitmenStudios View Post

This brings back old memories and I definitely enjoyed it back then (when all these things were just normal), but I never want to work like that again.
"In myyyyyy dayyyy, we had only two buttons on the keyboard, and the computer crashed every time you pressed one of them and deleted all of your work, and it electrocuted you and you had to get picked up by an ambulance and go to the hospital, and that's how it was and we loved it!"
02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
TMNT!

T2!

Sensible Soccer!
02-11-2013, 05:35 PM
WOW!! Some great memories there. Thanks Patricia for all the good times

TMNT, T2 & Clayfighter are particular standouts