Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-25-2013, 11:40 PM

Default Beastie Bay - (by Kairosoft Co.,Ltd)[Universal][Out Everywhere]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 02-08-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Ok so what is the US Release?
Not ETA at the Moment.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:37 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I'll to you this is easily my favorite Kairosoft title (next to Dungeon Villiage). I've had it for my Android since the day it came out and it's an absolute blast. The mix between Pokemon-type collecting, battling, gear equipping & evolving along with exploration, land development, and economic managing (which Kairosoft is ever so great at); it blends perfectly. I can't wait for US release on this to play it on the larger screen.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:15 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow... that monster battling / training thing sold me!

Just when I thought they were running out of ideas. This is like 2 games in one!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:40 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I made a Japan account a few days after this came out like a week ago I think, but I just couldn't get into it. I played for a while but something seemed missing. It didn't hook me like other games have, but maybe I just haven't played long enough.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:12 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

from the somethingawful ios thread:

Quote:
1) On your computer open itunes
2) Change your itunes store nationality to Japan
3) Search Kairosoft, Download Beastie Bay (Make sure you're not logged into any account)
4) Sign up for a fake japanese account
4a) Just google "Japanese Zip-Code" and put whatever else you want for the rest of the information
5) On your iDevice sign into your japanese account, download Beastie Bay
6) Play your fake-pokemon/city-builder sim. It's pretty fun.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

The game itself is just like any other Kairosoft game except this one is free to play (ad supported). Think of it as Kairosoft meets Pokemon.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Growtopia Seed Master
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by staffordling View Post
The game itself is just like any other Kairosoft game except this one is free to play (ad supported). Think of it as Kairosoft meets Pokemon.
Except in a poor way =/

I dunno. I like Kairosoft games, but here it feels like the fact it's a Kairosoft game is both its pro and its con.

It's good in the areas Kairosoft games generally are. It's also held back by the fact it's a Kairosoft game through and through. Little actual deviation from the formula.

The monsters and systems related to them could have been so much more interesting and deep. That's what makes monster games good. Training them, making good teams and stuff is the interesting thing haha.

But at the end of the day, this is just another Kairosoft game with some mild monster system built into it. Which is good for some people, but I felt a bit disappointed since there's so much wasted potential precisely because it's "just another Kairosoft game".

I'm actually glad this one was free, I don't like it half as much as I do most other Kairosoft games - I suppose part of that could be due to how I hoped for more since they were venturing into a monster genre, though.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:36 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seil View Post
I dunno. I like Kairosoft games, but here it feels like the fact it's a Kairosoft game is both its pro and its con.

The monsters and systems related to them could have been so much more interesting and deep. That's what makes monster games good. Training them, making good teams and stuff is the interesting thing haha.

But at the end of the day, this is just another Kairosoft game with some mild monster system built into it. Which is good for some people, but I felt a bit disappointed since there's so much wasted potential precisely because it's "just another Kairosoft game".
So very much agreed.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:51 PM
iPad

That said, there's a pretty obvious question. If the Kairosoft model has so much potential, but it needs some new features to keep it fresh and interesting, and Kairosoft is putting out just "more of the same", why isn't there anyone else trying to make those Kairosoft-like games with new ideas as well?