★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apparently Anonymous Hacked US Dept. of Justice's Website

01-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Apparently Anonymous Hacked US Dept. of Justice's Website

Over the Reddit co-founder suicide and other "digital freedom" stuff. They're threatening to release all kinds of "embarrassing" documents if their demands aren't met, so this could be interesting.
01-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm going to put this as politely as I can: Anonymous are idiots.

01-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
They hacked westboro baptist church so they are great in my opinion
01-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
They hacked westboro baptist church so they are great in my opinion
If that's all it takes to get into your good books then I'll stop the murder of a minority on my way to strangle a child.
01-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
If that's all it takes to get into your good books then I'll stop the murder of a minority on my way to strangle a child.
What child did Anon strangle?
01-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Look at the wiki and look at the good they actually did http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)

Sorry but going against that...well sorry but that's a lost one. Anonymous is a great group
01-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Watch what you say, they could hack TA...

lol

(and no, that was not an intentional rhyme)

Favorite app of all time - Dungeon Raid
01-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Hacking a government website is pretty serious stuff. I tend to side with Midian here.
01-28-2013, 11:15 AM
My opinion is Anonymous isn't so much a group as an umbrella or mask to hide behind I'd say probably less than 1% of the people who believe themselves members are capable of anything like this and they are really just using the others and the name as cover.

Anonymous have also done some not very noble things like the time they hacked epileptic boards to insert flashing images, I think the problem is they can be different members day by day and about half of them like to think they are political the other half just want lulz.

I also don't think Gov sites being hacked is really a big deal I'd be willing to bet this happens almost weekly but anonymous gives the media something to spin the story with.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
01-28-2013, 02:48 PM
The US has just announced that cyber war on them has officially begun. Oh sure, Anon can attack others just fine, but once they pick on you suddenly it's serious!